ABB Robotics Technology Days to feature emerging automation technology, October 12-13 in Auburn Hills, MI
ABB Inc. Posted 09/23/2011
Event open to current and potential customers; to include over 30 live demonstrations and 15 in-depth seminars on welding, packaging and general industrial applications
ABB Robotics will host their annual Technology Days event on October 12th and 13th, 2011 at their North American headquarters training center in Auburn Hills, Michigan. The event features a large exhibition floor with over 30 separate live demonstrations, and 15 small-group, topic-specific seminars on a variety of subjects scheduled on a repeating schedule throughout the day. General and application specific information will be provided to benefit both those considering an initial foray into robotic automation and those looking to upgrade their existing robotic lines. ABB experts from all over the world will be on hand to answer your questions as you tour the 55,000 sq ft ABB Robotics facility.
Wednesday, October 12: The event will run from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and is dedicated to all current and prospective ABB customers. The demo floor will be open and the seminar schedule will run throughout the day. This is a great opportunity for industry professionals to gain first hand intelligence and network with their peers in the industrial robotic, motion, control and automation industries. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
Thursday, October 13: A continuation of the customer and prospective customer session from the previous day with the demo floor open and seminars from 8:00 a.m. to noon. From noon to 5 p.m. is the Open House - open to anyone interested in learning more about robotics, including old friends, new friends, family, youth organizations and students. The full demonstration floor will be open and all ABB experts will be on hand. Continental breakfast and lunch will be served.
A sampling of the robotic exhibits and demonstrations includes:
- Welding: cutting edge applications in laser welding and cutting, and turn-key products for those looking to set-up an initial robotic welding operation.
- Packaging: new software to more easily program robotic palletizing systems, a lean palletizing cell, and high speed pick-on-place innovations.
- General industrial: painting, tool changing, RTV dispensing, machine tending, vision sensing, and a line-up of motors and drives from Baldor, a new member of the ABB Group.
Each of the 45 minute long technical seminars will be presented several times on Wednesday and Thursday morning so attendees can see as much as possible. Individual seminars include new welding processes and products, robotic laser processing, three different RobotStudio sessions, refurbished robots, and new packaging products and programming solutions.
On the lighter side the demo floor will include:
- A FlexPicker™ delta robot built entirely from Lego® pieces and components from the Lego MindStorms® NXT robot kit. Fully operational, the Lego FlexPicker took first place at Brickworld 2011, a Lego enthusiasts convention held annually in the US
- An IRB 4600 robot with a 60” Samsung Smart TV attached to the arm. Created by Robotic Arts, the “RoboScreen” features a character that interacts with people who enter a semi-circular area featuring four robotic demos. The character on the RoboScreen launches each demo and describes it to the crowd.
For more information including a full list of seminars and demonstrations, and to register for the event please visit our webpage.
The ABB facility in is located at 1250 Brown Road, Auburn Hills, MI 48326. Please call 248-391-8400 for additional assistance.