Automation Leader Introduces New Product for Heavy Weight and Press Tending Applications
SAS Automation, LLC Posted 03/19/2014
SAS Automation announces Hybrid 'HX' End Effectors for 5+ Axis Robots
SAS Automation, the leader in superior robotic End-of-Arm tooling (EOAT) and automation technology, is pleased to introduce Hybrid ‘HX’ End Effectors for 5+ Axis Robots, made exclusively with the newly developed SAS ‘HX’ hybrid frame profiles and modular off the shelf gripper components. The ‘HX’ End Effector is U.S. Patented 8,418,341 Entitled "Hybrid Robotic Gripper."
This new ‘HX’ End Effector is specifically designed for increased flexibility, offering an optimal “hybrid” design that includes the benefits of tubular frame adjustability as well as extruded channel frame profile rigidity. Robotic production use includes long reach boom press tending applications or heavy-duty material handling.
Significant features and benefits:
- Direct side channel mounting of standard SAS gripper component hardware, eliminating rotation or twist problems.
- Modular design allows for side mounting or circumference component or connector clamping, offering added compatibility to other brands and types of systems.
- Available with compliant oil resistant vacuum cups with hold down clamps to secure parts even when system fails.
- Available in sizes of 40mm and 60mm OD, (HX-40/HX-60).
- Center hole can be tapped to accommodate an M8 sized screw for connection of end plates/caps, connectors, etc.
The ‘HX’ End Effector is ideal for high-speed, heavy weight, or press tending applications, especially when gripping from a flat steel stack to load the stamping die to a formed part removal mode.
“The HX’s flexibility and adjustability allows for better routing of pneumatic hoses and electrical sensor wires to grippers and suction cups as well as many other necessary applications,” said Trent Fisher, President, SAS Automation. “Its interchangeability with all of SAS’s modular EOAT line of components makes this one of our premier profiles.”
For more information on SAS Automation ‘HX’ End Effectors, please visit SAS-Automation.com.
SAS Automation provides superior end-of-arm tooling and automation technology to customers and suppliers around the world in a variety of industries, including food, automotive, metal handling, palletizing, and plastics. SAS Automation is one of the world’s largest suppliers of modular component-based robotic end-of-arm tooling and gripper systems.