Robotics Industry News
Axium 's Robotic Palletizing and Wrapping Solution
Axium Robotics & Automation ULC Posted 10/27/2014
Manufacturers today require robotic palletizing cells that are more flexible than before. They have to be able to handle multiple product sizes and shapes, including unstable loads, like wrapped bundles, and high full loads up to 108 inches tall. Tissue industry requirements are for high rates of light and unstable products.
Axium’s IxOFlex solution can handle multiple products with the same robotic cell and uses a unique product grouping system allowing the formation of half or full layers either using robots or conventional technology. With the Pmax tool, the cell handles cartons, cases and bundles, up to 4 different SKU’s simultaneously. This tool is also used to supply empty pallets when required.
Finally, the Wrapbotic module, the integrated stretch wrapper, secures unstable loads as they are being built. This process makes sure that the products will not move or drop when an extra layer will be added, or when the full pallet advances to be taken out.
Axium’s integrated robotic palletizing and wrapping solution
- Packaging type: closed trays or cartons, open trays, bundles, etc.
- Load height: up to 108’’ tall.
- Pallets are handled with mechanical gripper integrated in the end of arm tool.
- Products’ length: from 8’’ to 30’’
- Products’ width: from 5’’ to 24’’
- Palletizing rate: up to 85 cases / minute when doing full-layers; up to 25 cases / minute when doing half-layers
- Industries: Consumer goods, Food, Dairy, Beverages & Breweries, Tissue
Visit Axium at PackExpo 2014 booth # 6139 - November 2-5, 2014 in Chicago, IL - to set up a meeting with us, contact Paul Hill, business Development at 1 800 465-7534.