Robotics Industry News
REM-C, a University / Industry Partnership for Innovation
maxon precision motors, inc. Posted 11/07/2013Mt. Royal, NJ – REM-C, a university / industry partnership is pleased to announce its formation. REM-C (Roboticists, Engineers & Manufacturers Consortium) was established to bridge the gap between university robotic programs and the engineering community.
REM-C is a non-profit organization, comprised of leading manufacturers and universities, dedicated to the advancement of robotic technology. The collective purpose of the membership is to inspire, innovate, identify technical challenges and provide engineered solutions to the robotics community.
Founding members Fischer Connectors, Harmonic Drive, Igus and maxon precision motors have identified over one hundred and forty (140) universities, in the United States alone, with dedicated robotic curriculums. The costs associated with maintaining these technically challenging programs, at a high level, often times exceed the university budgets. REM-C provides universities a means for;
- discount pricing from sponsoring partners
- added levels of technical support
- networking with a select group of leading manufacturers and educators with a common interest in robotics
- opportunities for financial support through grants and awards
- website forum and technical resource www.rem-c.org
- internships and employment opportunities