Sales Application Engineer
Posted on 01/11/2017
mk North America is a member of the mk Technology Group and a leading worldwide manufacturer of aluminum conveyors, workpiece pallet-handling conveyor systems, stainless steel conveyors, and extruded aluminum framing.
As a result of continued growth and market expansion we have an opening in our Bloomfield, CT location for a Sales Application Engineer. This position reports to the Sales Manager.
mk North America offers:
- Competitive salary and commission package.
- Medical, dental, vision, STD, LTD and life insurance.
- Company-matching 401(k).
- Defined profit sharing pension plan.
- Paid vacation and personal days.
- Paid holidays.
mk North America, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
mk North America, Inc. is a drug-free workplace. Successful candidate must pass a drug test and consent to a criminal background check.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- With the primary focus on customer service and exceeding the customer's needs, the SAE (Sales/Applications Engineer) will provide a high level of technical expertise in a prompt and timely fashion to sell and support the sale of our custom conveying solutions.
- The SAE will promptly handle phone calls, emails, faxes, and all communications; review drawings, specifications, and other related documents; make product selections and develop application specific solutions.
- The SAE creates cost-estimates and proposals in consultation with sales management. The SAE will communicate directly and indirectly with both internal and external staff members and customers, facilitating a seamless process flow from quotation to order to shipment processing.
- The SAE is responsible for directly managing the more complex quotations and sales orders/projects.
- The SAE will accept, handle, manage and respond to inquiries, RFQs, orders and questions from customers.
- The SAE provides training, mentoring, and education to Customers, Sales Partners and fellow Team Members to improve their overall knowledge of products and processes.
- The SAE identifies and effectively resolves problems in a timely manner both individually and with others by skillfully gathering data, objectively analyzing information, and developing creative alternative solutions.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Preferred education in a mechanical engineering discipline with practical sales experience in conveying or packaging equipment.
- Preferred sales background in automation, controls and general knowledge of best practices for automated solutions.
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings and documentation is required. Computer skills should include experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems, Contact Relationship Management (CRM) systems, drafting software, and Microsoft, Adobe & similar office systems.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred. Commensurate experience acceptable in lieu of degree.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in an industrial selling role.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION