Senior Controls Engineer
Posted on 10/19/2016
Huntington, IN USA
Shuttleworth, based in Huntington, IN, provides integrated product handling solutions using innovative technology and experienced problem-solving specialists to increase line efficiency, maximize profitability and minimize risk. Shuttleworth serves a variety of markets including automotive, consumer, electronics, food, health & beauty, industrial, medical, paper conversion, paper printing & binding, pharmaceutical and solar energy. Shuttleworth is a division of Pro Mach, a leading provider of integrated packaging and processing solutions for over 20,000 customers worldwide. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service for primary and secondary packaging, flexible packaging, end-of-line packaging, and identification and tracking.
We are currently seeking a Controls Engineer to provide design efforts from inception through production both in new product design and in existing product redesign of electrical control systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Primary Job Functions:
- Review and interpret customer functional specifications and drawings. Design, develop and test electrical systems that meet electrical/software requirements and are delivered at or below quoted budget and within a defined schedule.
- Assist applications in preparing detailing customer quotes.
- Develop hardware requirements to meet system functional description.
- Develop schematics in AutoCAD and/or AutoCAD Electrical for assembly.
- Develop PLC, Servo System and HMI software programs to meet system requirements.
- Debug PLC, Servo System and HMI software to ensure proper operation of system.
- Assist Project Managers with the Customer Factory Acceptance Test process.
- Follow the equipment to the customer’s facility and help with the installation.
- Travel as necessary for customer installations and startup of equipment.
- Other job functions may be assigned.
- There are no direct reports in this position.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Technical Software Aptitude Requirements:
- Rockwell Automation Products
- RSLogix 5000
- RSLogix 500
- FactoryTalk View Machine Edition
- AutoCAD 2D Design Software, Electrical AutoCAD would be a plus
Technical Hardware Aptitude Requirements:
- Rockwell Automation Products
- ControlLogix, CompactLogix and MicroLogix PLC
- PanelView Plus HMI
- PowerFlex AC Drives
- Kinetix Servo Drives
- Sensors and Power Distribution Products
- Networks, DeviceNet and EtherNet
- Sensors, Camera's and Barcode Readers
- Omron, Mitsubishi and GE Hardware would be a plus
- Regularly required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. When working on equipment, standing for extended periods are required.
- Occasionally required to sit, climb or balance and work over head.
- Ability to regularly lift 10 pounds.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with ability to re-prioritize as required.
- Strong written, communication and presentation skills is critical.
- Proficient with entire MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Ability to interact well with customers, and to take a leadership position when traveling.
- Ability to manage projects within a defined budget and timeline.
- Proven capability of debugging custom equipment.
- This position requires travel approximately 30-40% of the time.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS(EE), BS(EET), AAS(EET) or other technical degree college or trade school, -or-
- 10+ years PLC experience and/or training, including servo and VFD setup -or-
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION