Posted on 10/25/2016
Troy, Michigan USA
The DiFACTO Robotics America (DRA) Sales Manager position reporting to the CEO, is key to growing and sustaining the business. This position is responsible for developing sales leads and acquiring new customers for DRA, and for continued growth of profitable business with existing customers. This position is intended to be a full-time, direct, salary position with DRA, with a competitive compensation package aligned with the candidate’s experience and local market benchmarks.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Directly responsible for identifying and developing customers that will provide the company’s revenue from sales of integrated automation systems and engineering services.
- Maintains a contact management system that keeps a record of all contacts, and current status of all potential and current customers.
- Collects and presents customer requirements to Engineering and Program Management team so they can prepare timely and accurate quotations and proposals in response to inquiries.
- Follows-up each customer RFQ or RF Proposal with personal contact, and collects lessons learned from both successful and unsuccessful quotes and proposals so that the process is subject to continuous improvement toward a goal of reliable, successful, bidding.
- Manage key customer relationships and participate in closing strategic opportunities.
- Assure repeat business and referrals by exceeding the customer's expectations and contributing to a high level of customer satisfaction.
- Provide a detailed and accurate monthly sales forecast.
- Monitor customer, market, and competitor activity and provide market condition feedback to company leadership team and other company functions.
- Manage company’s participation in Local, State, and US Industry Consortiums (i.e MEDC), and
- Trade Associations (i.e. RIA) for the purpose of developing additional sales leads.
- Travel for in-person meetings with customers and partners and to develop key relationships.
- Coordinate, Prepare and Plan for DRA participation in regional trade shows
- Assist the CEO with business development and sales activities, and represent the company at trade shows, business conferences, technical conferences, and global business meetings.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Able to communicate effectively – verbal and written English. Other language skills are a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills, and flexibility to work with an unstructured schedule based on customer and sales lead availability and location.
- Able to travel regularly to customer and sales lead sites.
- Ability to work comfortably within a cross-cultural, diverse, global company environment.
- Interested in contributing in multiple ways to a ground-floor business startup.
- Steadfast commitment to responsiveness and customer satisfaction. Ability to remain calm under fire, resolve conflicts, and persistently but politely close sales deals.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Computer or Industrial Engineering from accredited university, or Associate Degree (2 year) (Electrical/Mechanical/ Mechatronics/ Industrial Engineering) with 5+ years of experience in robotics or industrial automation product sales.
- Experience representing products or services that cater to a similar clientele as DIFACTO’s (Industrial Robotics, Automation Systems, Engineering Services).
- Sales experience in the industrial automation field – controls/robotics/conveyors/special purpose machines, especially for Automotive Manufacturing applications or Robot OEM’s.
- Technical knowledge to clearly understand customer RFQ documents, drawings, specifications, process sheets, and be able to communicate these to the DiFACTO proposals team.
- Conversely, understand the proposals prepared by DIFACTO’s proposal team and present and explain them clearly to the customer.
- Hands-on Engineering or Technician experience starting up and supporting Industrial Robots, and Automated Manufacturing tooling and equipment in a customer’s manufacturing operation.
- Familiarity with Global Industrial Robotics business, including Robot Manufacturers (Fanuc, Kuka, ABB, Yaskawa, Kawasaki), Line Builders, and Systems Integrators.
- Flexibility and open-minded approach to explore and develop non-traditional, innovative, new robotic automation concepts with customers (new application spaces for experienced customers, and introductory applications for those not familiar with robotics).
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION