Posted on 11/17/2016
Bloomfield, CT USA
mk North America, Inc. is currently seeking an experienced Engineering Manager to join our team in Bloomfield, CT.
Are you interested working as an Engineering Manager for a company that is successful, growing and innovative? All of these attributes and more can be found at mk North America, Inc. where we develop, design and fabricate cutting edge conveying solutions in an environment that encourages contribution, teamwork and innovation.
mk North America, Inc. is a member of the mk Technology Group and a leading manufacturer of automation conveyors and material handling systems for a wide range of applications and industries.
For more information on our products, visit our website at www.mkNorthAmerica.com.
We have an immediate opening for an Engineering Manager with strong project management and design engineering skills.
As our Engineering Manager you will be responsible for planning, organizing and directing the engineering team to meet company objectives for sales design, new product development and improvement of existing product lines.
The ideal candidate will have a background in material handling and/or automation, excellent interpersonal and managerial skills and be able to manage several projects at once. We are looking for a driven individual who has the potential and desire to grow with us.
We feel strongly that this is a great opportunity for the right person. If you feel that this is something you can and want to do, please apply.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and direct the activities of the engineering staff ensuring they provide the necessary technical support to sales, manufacturing and quality to achieve company objectives
- Guide and mentor team members with their day-to-day engineering responsibilities as well as professional and career development
- Prioritize workload to ensure that deliverables are completed in timelines that meet customer expectations
- Manage new product development
- Provide technical assistance to sales account managers and customers by phone, written correspondence, webcasts and in person in customer facilities
- Ensure projects are executed in the most effective manner in regards to time, cost (budget) and function
- Manage product safety and risk analysis
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise by working closely with customers, suppliers and internal production personnel
- Work well with others on the mk team. Have fun!
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Intimate knowledge of Autodesk Inventor or equivalent solid modeling software
- Working knowledge of automation systems
- Working knowledge of machine design
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and automation controls a plus but not required
- Strong mechanical analytical and modeling skills
- Strong and demonstrated project management skills
- Knowledge and practical application of machine safety standards
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical leadership and coaching
- High level of customer focus both internally and external
- Strong communication and team building skills
- Ability to self-start and work independently
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Automation Engineering
- 10+ years Industrial Engineering experience in a manufacturing or technical environment
- 3+ years of leadership experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION