Posted on 11/17/2016
Bloomfield, CT USA
Are you interested working as an engineer for a company that is successful, growing and innovative? All of these attributes and more can be found at mk North America, Inc. where we develop, design and fabricate cutting edge conveying solutions in an environment that encourages contribution, teamwork and innovation.
mk North America, Inc. is a member of the mk Technology Group and a leading manufacturer of automation conveyors for a wide range of applications and industries.
The Mechanical Design Engineer is responsible for designing our VersaMove Pallet Handling Systems per customer specifications and scope. In this role you will develop conceptual layouts, final designs and BOM’s.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and engineer equipment per customer specification
- Produce complete, accurate 3D models for all components using Autodesk Inventor
- Generate assembly and fabrication drawings, bill of materials
- Prepare project for order release from engineering
- Support our sales team with engineering and design information as needed
- Provide technical assistance to sales department and customers by phone, via written correspondence and web casts.
- Troubleshoot technical issues as they arise by working closely with customers, suppliers and internal production personnel.
- Prepare equipment manuals and project documentation.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic and automation controls a plus but not required.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Possess an understanding of the manufacturing process
- Experience using AutoCAD 2D and 3D Modeling Software (Autodesk Inventor Preferred)
- Strong mechanical aptitude with a strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to multitask and prioritize projects while tracking own responsibilities
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team along with the ability to interact with all levels of the company hierarchy
- Ability to provide and take instruction from team members
- Work well under pressure and have the ability to receive and handle criticism professionally
- Strong oral and written communication skill set with the ability to convey technical concepts
Minimum Education & Experience
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design
- Minimum of three years of experience in the development and design of automated machinery, such as product/material handling equipment and conveyor systems
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION