Sr. Sales Engineer - Industrial Automation
Posted on 12/07/2016
Lake Orion, MI
You sell automation systems that provide solutions to manufacturing and processing problems. We build them. Repeat.
This is very much a sales position requiring lead generation and account management activities. It is unique in that it requires a fairly detailed understanding of how industrial automation systems function and the value they bring to potential clients.
Sales pursued in this position will range from very well defined scopes of work that simply require being there and following through with the details, to very consultative selling where you will gain client trust with your technical knowledge and provide value in helping them identify solutions to their manufacturing and processing problems. We have a top-notch team of engineers ready to support you in this process and a track record of successful projects to back you up.
To be successful, you will need to have significant experience in this industry working with the high level design of robotic automation systems. You’ll never be asked to detail out a design or program a PLC or robot (we have plenty of highly skilled experienced engineers to do that) but you must have a thorough understanding of what these systems are capable of doing. Most importantly, you must have a creative mind to identify opportunity and a personality that can quickly move you into the position of trusted adviser for our clients.
You will need to possess strong sales skills, strong technical skills, and be truly self-driven to succeed.
Applied Manufacturing Technologies, LLC. (AMT) is a leading supplier of complete consulting, engineering, design, and integration services, offering single-source engineering solutions to the automation and manufacturing industries. Service offerings include conceptual engineering, mechanical and controls design, system and process simulation, software development, robot and PLC programming, installation and support of industrial automation solutions. With over 20 years of technical excellence in the automotive, aerospace, medical, heavy equipment and consumer products industries, AMT has direct experience with current and legacy robot models from all major manufacturers and experience with all major CAD, CAM, CIM, simulation, processing and discrete event software products. AMT is also a full service robotic systems integrator. We are focused on supplying complete automated solutions to North American industries including food, textile, alternative energy, automotive and consumer products.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Your specific duties as a Sales Engineer will include:
- Actively generate new leads through networking and existing account management.
- Understand client needs, priorities, and budget constraints through interviews and specification review.
- Architect big-picture solutions.
- Develop proposal-level scopes of work.
- Work with an estimating team to develop pricing.
- Develop professional proposals that are well-written and visually represent our world class brand image.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current industrial automation technology
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- BS degree in Engineering (or equivalent)
- Approximately 5 or more years of industrial automation sales experience (proven expertise is more important than number of years)
- Thorough understanding of industrial automation system architectures and their various components.
- Excellent writing and document composition skills
- Excellent verbal skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Willingness to travel (up to 20% of the time) to customer sites as required
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION