Robotics and Controls Specialist
Posted on 12/09/2016
London, Ontario, Canada
At JMP Automation we design, build and integrate world-class automation systems. At the heart of many of our systems are vision guided robots. We have the unique privilege and challenge of solving some tough manufacturing problems for customers in industries such as Tube and Pipe, Food and Beverage, and Consumer products. Our focus on excellence, execution and an exceptional customer experience are second to none.
Working on the Automation team is both challenging and rewarding. You’ll work with some of the most talented and dynamic engineering minds in the industry, great customers and develop some life-long relationships.
As a Robotics and Controls Specialist, you will be involved in the design, programming and commissioning of controls aspects of projects including PLC’s, robots, motion control and vision systems.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work with project team leads in areas including:
- Electrical design – AutoCAD
- PLC programming
- Robot programming
- Vision system and lighting design and programming
- Servo motion control
- Startup and commissioning and testing systems at our build facility
- Travel to customer site to integrate systems
- Robotic simulations
- Prototyping and testing of proof-of-concepts for clients
- Participating in customer meetings from technical perspective.
- Accountable for individual performance goals that will be determined with your manager on an annual basis.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience with robotics an asset.
- Experience with PLC programming an asset.
- Experience with AutoCAD an asset.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- A passion for making things work and solving problems.
Minimum Education & Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from a recognized engineering faculty or equivalent qualification.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION