NEW PRODUCT NEWS
FANUC America Demonstrates Intelligent Kitting and Packing with Two New LR Mate 200iD Mini-Robots at Pack Expo 2013
FANUC America Corporation Posted 09/23/2013ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. – FANUC America Corporation will demonstrate intelligent kitting with its new LR Mate 200iD/4S robot and intelligent packing with its new LR Mate 200iD/7L robot during Pack Expo 2013, Sept. 23-25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV in booth #4742.
The new LR Mate 200iD/4S short-arm robot is very compact and lightweight with a 550 mm reach and a four kg payload. The new LR Mate 200iD/7L long-arm robot offers a slim design, 911 mm reach and a seven kg payload.
“The LR Mate 200iD family of six-axis mini-robots now includes a standard, short-arm and long-reach model, allowing FANUC to handle a wider range of small-size consumer products,” said Nishant Jhaveri, staff engineer, FANUC America.
At Pack Expo, the new LR Mate 200iD/4S robot will use iRVision® to pick various round and square cosmetics from a tray, and prepare individual variety packs. The demonstration will highlight the robot’s high-speed operation, ability to work in a very small work space, and six-axis dexterity to handle box tops and slip sheet placement.
The new LR Mate 200iD/7L will pick individual variety packs and place them into stackable totes using iRVision’s snap-on-the-fly feature. It also checks label presence and orientation on each variety pack by using iRVision’s inspection feature with a second overhead camera. The cell will showcase the robot’s six-axis articulation, payload, and reach capabilities to handle and stack the totes.
FANUC LR Mate 200iD Robots
The family of six-axis LR Mate 200iD robots is extremely lightweight and compact, specifically designed for high speed and precision applications such as machine tending, material handling, assembly, picking, packing and material removal. The intelligent mini-robot features a four to seven kg payload, a slim arm with integrated power, signal, and air, and flexible mounting (upright, invert and angle) for easy integration.
“The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces,” said Jhaveri. “A very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. All three LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. All three LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO Class 4 clean-room and food-grade variants for primary (unwrapped) food handling and healthcare packaging applications.”
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle)
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- LR Mate 200iD and LR Mate 200iD/4S models offer ±0.02mm repeatability, and the LR Mate 200iD/7L model offers ±0.03mm repeatability -- all at maximum payload and maximum speed within the entire work envelope.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.
- An optional IP69K rating allows operation in harsh factory settings, providing the LR Mate 200iD the necessary protection for reliable performance in demanding production environments, including rigorous sanitation procedures.
FANUC’s iRVision is a truly integrated, plug-and-go vision system that runs on the standard CPU of every FANUC R-30iB and R-30iB Mate controller without any additional hardware. A single source solution developed and supported by FANUC, iRVision offers easy setup and operation for factory environments requiring 2D and 3D guidance, error proofing, visual tracking, and quality control – all with FANUC’s world-renowned reliability.
Next Generation R-30iB Mate Controller
The FANUC R-30iB Mate Controller uses high-performance hardware and the latest advances in network communications, integrated iRVision, and motion control functions. The R-30iB Mate Controller features FANUC’s exclusive new and easy-to-use iPendant with 4D graphics. The iPendant displays process information and the actual process path directly on the iPendant screen, enabling easier setup and troubleshooting.
Based on the latest FANUC Series 30iB CNC Controller, the R-30iB Mate Robot Controller is compact, providing customers a significant space savings. The R-30iB Mate Controller is very energy efficient with single-phase power requirements, and extremely low power consumption.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industrial automation equipment including robots, CNCs, and motion control products. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize efficiency, reliability and profitability.