NEW PRODUCT NEWS
FANUC America Demonstrates Dual-Robot Education Cell at Pack Expo 2013
FANUC America Corporation Posted 09/23/2013ROCHESTER HILLS, Mich. – FANUC America Corporation will demonstrate a dual robot cell designed for the education market which features the new LR Mate 200iD robot and M-1iA/0.5 parallel-link “Genkotsu” robot during Pack Expo 2013, Sept. 23-25 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Las Vegas, NV in booth #4742.
At Pack Expo, the new LR Mate 200iD robot using iRVision® will locate parts on a tray, unpackage them and place them randomly onto a conveyor. The M-1iA/0.5 robot will use a multi-camera iRVision® process to locate and insert the parts into a three piece gift set.
“This demonstration highlights the ease and flexibility of the FANUC robots with integrated vision,” said Paul Aiello, regional manager of FANUC America’s Certified Education Robot Training (CERT). “As the global leader in robotic automation, we’ve incorporated over 30 years of expertise to design an industry training program that underscores our commitment to a true partnership with education and manufacturing.”
“As more companies incorporate robotics into their operations, the demand for high paying careers related to designing, implementing and using industrial robots is increasing. Schools across the country continue to integrate robot training into their curriculum with FANUC robots,” added Aiello.
M-1iA Intelligent “Genkotsu” Robot
The M-1iA family of robots includes the M-1iA/0.5A six-axis model, the M-1iA/0.5S four-axis model, and the new M-1iA/1H three-axis model. The unique parallel-link structure provides higher speeds and accuracy compared to traditional handling robots. Like all FANUC robots, the M-1iA operates with the company’s latest integrated intelligent functions such as iRVision, Force Sensing and Robot Link.
The M-1iA offers a wide range of benefits, including:
- Lightweight (12kg for three-axis model; 14kg for four-axis model; 17kg for six-axis model), compact size allows operation in small spaces.
- Six-axis design enables part feeding from the sides of a work zone, increasing the useable workspace.
- Multiple installation orientations accommodate a wide range of work areas.
- Unique parallel-link design maximizes speed.
- Supports a multiple arm configuration of up to four robots.
- A camera for iRVision (built-in) can be integrated into the robot.
- Mate rack-style controller provides intelligent robot functions.
- Robot Link controls and coordinates up to ten robots through a network exchange of robot positional data.
- FANUC Force Sensor is available for intricate assembly applications.
The family of six-axis LR Mate 200iD robots is extremely lightweight and compact, specifically designed for high speed and precision applications such as machine tending, material handling, assembly, picking, packing and material removal. The intelligent mini-robot features a four to seven kg payload, a slim arm with integrated power, signal, and air, and flexible mounting (upright, invert and angle) for easy integration.
“The family of LR Mate 200iD robots is a versatile solution for a wide range of manufacturing operations that require access into small spaces,” said Nishant Jhaveri, staff engineer, FANUC America. “A very slim arm about the same size as a human arm, and a bottom cable exit option minimize interference with peripheral devices. All three LR Mate 200iD robots offer a “best in class” work envelope for both upright and invert mount installations. All three LR Mate 200iD robots are also available with ISO Class 4 clean-room and food-grade variants for primary (unwrapped) food handling and healthcare packaging applications.”
LR Mate 200iD Features and Benefits
- Slim arm and compact foot print minimizes interference to peripheral devices in narrow spaces.
- Four to seven kg wrist load capacity with six-axis articulation.
- Best in class work envelope simplifies system layout.
- Fastest joint axes speeds maximize system throughput.
- Integrated 24VDC power, signal and air for easy end-of-arm-tool connection.
- Integrated thru-arm cable option for iRVision, force sensing, Ethernet and auxiliary axes.
- Flexible mounting (upright, invert, angle)
- High rigidity and the most advanced servo technology enable smooth motion at high speeds.
- LR Mate 200iD and LR Mate 200iD/4S models offer ±0.02mm repeatability, and the LR Mate 200iD/7L model offers ±0.03mm repeatability -- all at maximum payload and maximum speed within the entire work envelope.
- Easy integration into machines.
- Features lightest mechanical unit in its class.
- IP67 rating allows operation in factory environments with dust and oil mist.
- An optional IP69K rating allows operation in harsh factory settings, providing the LR Mate 200iD the necessary protection for reliable performance in demanding production environments, including rigorous sanitation procedures.
FANUC iRVision is a truly integrated, plug-and-go vision system that runs on the standard CPU of every FANUC R-30iB controller without any additional hardware. A single source solution developed and supported by FANUC, iRVision offers easy setup and operation for factory environments requiring 2D and 3D guidance, error proofing, visual tracking, and quality control – all with FANUC’s world-renowned reliability.
Next Generation R-30iB and R-30iB Mate Controllers
The FANUC R-30iB and R-30iB Mate Controllers use high-performance hardware and the latest advances in network communications, integrated iRVision, and motion control functions. The R-30iB Controllers feature FANUC’s exclusive new and easy-to-use iPendant with 4D graphics. The iPendant displays process information and the actual process path directly on the iPendant screen, enabling easier setup and troubleshooting.
Based on the latest FANUC Series 30iB CNC Controller, the R-30iB and R-30iB Mate Robot Controllers are compact, providing customers a significant space savings. The R-30iB Controller is energy efficient, requiring less power consumption than previous models, and available with an optional power regeneration feature. The R-30iB Mate Controller is also very energy efficient with single-phase power requirements, and extremely low power consumption.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation provides the most complete range of industrial automation equipment including robots, CNCs, and motion control products. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize efficiency, reliability and profitability.