Standard Lean Machine Systems
Ellison Technologies AutomationPosted 05/09/2011
- Pre-engineered to reduce costs and improve deliveries
- Increase profit per hour by a factor of 3 or higher
- Increase productivity of existing machine tools by thirty percent or more
- Decrease the percent of labor cost in a work-piece down to less than 10%
- Manage small batch sizes and large runs
- Allows unmanned “lights out” manufacturing
- The flexible robotic machine tool tending platform can be re-deployed for an array of programs over its 20 year life
- Ideal for retrofitting to existing machine tools
- If leasing, the amortized capital cost/hour is $3 - $15/hr during the lease period
- $0 after the lease period
- Four drawer inbound/outbound part stocker (20” x 20” usable envelope. 6” spacing between drawers, and 150 lb. capacity for each drawer)
- The FANUC Robotics M-10i six axis robot with through the wrist cable routing, R-301A controller and Handling Tool programming software is standard. Other sizes of FANUC robots are available.
- Fabricated robot rider, platform (84” x 48” x 5”)
- Safety guarding, and interlocked access gate
- Robot I/O for communication to machine tool
- Back to back two jaw or three jaw gripper module is standard.
- Capable of servicing one or two machine tools such as lathes, VMC’s. Grinders, small HMC’s and others
- Supports an optional 2nd drawer system for additional unmanned production
ADDITIONAL LEAN MACHINE INFORMATION & OPTIONS
- Quick release tray option for short runs
- Heavy duty part stocking system with four drawers as standard. Drawers are accessed by pulling the drawer toward you when outside the cell, and the robot accesses a drawer by pulling it into the robot’s operating zone.
- Latches and drawer position sensors are included with the system.
ADDITIONAL EXPANSION BEYOND MACHINE TENDING
- Post process guaging/error proofing inspection
- Part flip between Op A and B machining
- Designed for short run jobs
- Changeover in less than 5 minutes