SAS - Bag Gripper
SAS Automation, LLCUpdated 03/10/2016
SAS Automation introduces Adjustable BAG GRIPPER – smaller version
SAS Automation recently introduced a new, smaller adjustable bag gripper called SAS ABG-25 for a variety of bag handling applications that eliminates the need for costly custom tooling as it can be adjusted quickly for different packaging production runs using a simple hand wheel. The ABG-25 is ideal for palletizing plastic, woven cloth and paper bags containing grains, chemicals, dog food, minerals and plastic resins. This innovative gripper uses stainless steel fingers for both strength and their ability to withstand harsh manufacturing environments. A decker mechanism is designed to facilitate an accurate bag placement--crucial for a tightly packed pallet. In less than 30 seconds, the tool’s bag width can be changed from 7.25 to 21 inches.
SAS ABG-25 Gripper details:
- Handles Bag Weights: 2-25 kg ( 5-55 lb)
- Handles Bag Sizes: Width 185-530 mm (7.25-21 in), Length 300-900 mm (12-36 in) and Thickness 25-150 mm (1-6 in)
- Gripper Tool Weight: 38 kg (84 lb)
- Ball bearings for long life.
- Independent decker plates help center bags on conveyor and provide accurate bag placement for tight pallets.
- Can be fitted with servo drive to automatically adjust for different bag widths while on-the-move to accommodate multiple pallet loads.
- Uses 11.1 mm (7/16") diameter solid stainless steel fingers with radiused ends for long-lasting durability
- High flow pneumatic valves provide a complete open/close cycle in less than 600 milliseconds (.6 seconds).
REQUEST A QUOTE