The Modular DIGI-LAS/MDL instrumented laser joining system integrates two 3D laser-cameras, one digital laser-camera allowing for high-accuracy positioning of the welding laser focal point by automatically compensating for part dimensions and fit-up tolerances. A second 3-D laser-camera enables weld bead inspection while welding is performed as well as real-time process control.
- Capable of welding curved joints and complex 3-D parts with an articulated robot combined with precision high speed actuators.
- Automatic validation of weld bead geometry.
- Detection of pinholes.
- 2D camera for monitoring of the process.
- Optional automatic calibration of focal spot position system through vision channels.
- Easily integrates with any robot brand or CNC machine.