Application Engineer - ATI Industrial Automation
ATI Industrial Automation is the leading engineering-based world developer of robotic accessories and robot arm tooling. Recognized throughout the world for quality and reliability, ATI products are improving productivity in an array of industries, including Robotics, Aerospace, Biomedical, Automotive, Electronics, Applied Research, Academics, Nuclear and Governmental. In our continued quest for excellence in our products and service, we are seeking an experienced, hardworking, team-oriented Applications Engineer. The Application Engineer (AE) is responsible for the technical service and application support before and after sale of the ATI products. The AE evaluates customer applications and makes recommendations for product use, model, and option selection and assists customers with technical questions and problems. The AE offers technical assistance to the sales department in the generation of new sales. The AE works with the sales administration to resolve non-technical sales problems. The AE works with engineering to create new products and options in support of customer applications.
• Assist customers with questions, repairs, additional product details, etc.
• Schedule and make repairs using the RMA system.
• Coordinate with manufacturing and engineering as needed for additional technical support and RMA administration.
• Write reports and manuals in support of sales and engineering.
• Program robots at an advanced level to aid in demonstrating product equipment.
• Be able to master any software or hardware used by manufacturing and engineering (e.g. CMM) in support of customers.
• Identify improvements and new product ideas and report these to engineering and manufacturing—use the CAR system as needed.
• Provide training (application, product, service, etc.) for sales and engineering.
• Seek out training to improve customer service and repairs. Stay on top of all product changes by examining engineering changes and new product releases.
• Take direction and perform job duties as requested by Product Manager.
• Travel varies throughout the year depending on customer needs and shows—about 20% travel.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Ability to analyze technical problems/issues and effectively articulate verbal and written recommendations and solutions.
• Ability to present technical information to various audiences, often in a group setting.
• Ability to quickly learn the organization’s product line, as well as, any software and hardware used by customers.
• Outstanding interpersonal and customer service skills
• Excellent organizational and personal time management skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in engineering; any branch except software will be suitable. Degrees should be from accredited institutions.