Mechanical Engineer - ATI Industrial Automation
Mechanical Engineer Job Description
ATI Industrial Automation is the leading engineering-based world developer of robotic accessories and robot arm tooling. Recognized throughout the world for quality and reliability, ATI products are improving productivity in an array of industries, including Robotics, Aerospace, Biomedical, Automotive, Electronics, Applied Research, Academics, Nuclear and Governmental. In our continued quest for excellence in our products and service, we are seeking an experienced, hardworking, team-oriented Mechanical Design Engineer.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and modify robotic end effectors and tools.
- Investigate and resolve technical problems involving product performance
- Test prototypes and released products to verify design to customer specifications and write reports to document the testing.
- Support existing products through an ongoing process of continuous improvements and engineering changes to enhance performance and manufacturability.
- Determine and establish specifications and standards and write manuals, manufacturing and inspection instructions, specification sheets and technical reports for new and existing products.
- As a Project Leader you will coordinate all phases of development including creation, prototypes, testing and analysis.
- Perform a variety of engineering tasks in the planning and design of electro-mechanical products, electrical enclosures and cable assemblies. Determine and establish specifications through engineering calculations and layouts. Use appropriate engineering tools such as, CAD, FMEA, DFA, in the successful completion of design projects.
- Communication and project management skills to meet project goals.
- Work with suppliers to assure the most cost effective, robust designs are implemented.
Provide support to customers including travel to customer’s facilities if required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Innovative mechanical design skills (design understanding of pneumatic devices, fasteners, seals, material selection, bearings, lock mechanisms, etc.).
- Demonstrated SolidWorks solid modeling and detail/assembly drawing proficiency.
- Solid history designing mechanical components for automation.
- Demonstrated knowledge of ASME Y14.5 – 2009 Standards.
- Ability to generate mechanical fabrication drawings including orthographic projections.
Proficient with Microsoft programs (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and Visio).
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements
A BS degree in mechanical engineering plus a minimum of three (3) years work experience in a related field is required. Direct experience integrating designs into industrial robotics applications is a plus.