- This editorial is filed under:
Robotics and Automation
Air Turbine Motors Posted 10/07/2015
Compact, powerful Air Turbine Motors® in robotic applications with governed direct drive accelerate production while reducing repair costs and vibration.
Air Turbine Motors® 50,000 RPM, 722MX, cuts 5 times deeper than a vane motor in the same application on a lathe test. Just 90PSI/6.2Bar compressed air required.
Air Turbine Motors® feature:
- Higher speed and power - constant governed performance.
- Low weight + low vibration.
- Low noise (under 65 dBa).
- Reliability: the only moving parts are the turbine and bearings.
- No oil lubrication and so no mist.
- Compact dimensions.
- Air cooling body + bearings for low heat and thermal expansion.