Robotics Industry News
Curtiss-Wright’s Industrial Division Launches Newest Integrated Motor / Actuator
Curtiss-Wright Posted 10/09/2019
Curtiss-Wright´s Industrial Division today announced the release of its newest integrated motor / actuator, the Exlar® GTX100. The GTX100 is the second frame size in the integrated motor / actuator series. Incorporating Curtiss-Wright´s patented inverted roller screw technology, the GTX100´s high power density and compact form factor make it an ideal replacement for hydraulic cylinders.
The GTX Series actuators offer the power, precision, and programmability of a servo system while minimizing the maintenance difficulties and mess of hydraulics. With continuous force ratings up to 15,392 N (3,460 lbf), speeds up to 953 mm/sec (37.5 in/sec), and standard stroke lengths from 150 mm (5.9 inches) to 300 mm (11.8 inches), the GTX100 can be applied across a wide range of factory automation applications.
The GTX Series features include:
- High capacity planetary roller screws offering up to 15X the life and significantly higher shock load resistance than a comparably sized ball screw
- IP65S (min.) environmental protection
- Seamless integration into most leading motion control architectures
- Removable front seal bushing greatly simplifies maintenance and re-greasing of nut assembly to maximize actuator life
- Modular design with bolt-on mounting hardware allows effortless mounting reconfiguration or replacement in the field using commonly available tools
- Smoother, quieter operation compared to previous generation designs
Exlar is a business unit of Curtiss-Wright´s Industrial Division.
About Curtiss-Wright Corporation
Curtiss-Wright Corporation is a global innovative company that delivers highly engineered, critical function products, and services to the commercial, industrial, defense, and energy markets. Building on the heritage of Glenn Curtiss and the Wright brothers, Curtiss-Wright has a long tradition of providing reliable solutions through trusted customer relationships. The company employs approximately 9,000 people worldwide.