Robotics Industry News
Epson Expands Award-Winning T-Series with Synthis T6 All-in-One SCARA Robot
EPSON Robots Posted 10/15/2018
T6 Delivers the Ultimate Slide Alternative at an Ultra Low Cost
Chicago, Ill. – Today at PACK EXPO, Epson Robots, the #1 SCARA robot manufacturer in the world, announced the expansion of its award-winning T-series with the SynthisTM T6 All-in-One SCARA robot. The new robot offers the perfect way to automate factories without wasting time or money on expensive, complex, slide-based solutions. Available at the low price of $9,495, this innovative alternative installs in minutes and virtually eliminates any space-constraint issues. It is available now and will be showcased at PACK EXPO, Chicago, IL Oct.14-17 at the McCormick Place, booth N4704.
Similar to the Synthis T3 All-in-One SCARA robot announced at Pack Expo in 2017, the T6 is ideal for simple applications such as pick and place, assembly, parts handling and dispensing applications in industries ranging from automotive and medical development, to lab automation, consumer electronics, electronic components and industrial. It features the All-in-One design with built-in controller (conveniently housed in the robot base) and power for end-of-arm tooling, runs at 110V or 220V and requires no encoder battery, minimizing factory downtime for maintenance. As a result of the T3 success, the T6 expands the line up to include payloads of up to 6kg, longer reach of up to 600mm, and the ability to handle multiple tools. The T3 won the Vision Systems Design 2018 Innovators Awards and is offered at the low cost of $7,495.
“Following the tremendous success we have had with the T3, we are bringing to market the T6 to meet the need of customers requiring larger payloads,” said Gregg Brunnick, director of product management for Epson Robots. “The T6 is another powerful, low-cost automation solution designed for easy integration, which helps lower the total cost of ownership versus current products for manufacturers and system integrators. Since it includes the same intuitive Epson RC+ software and powerful features we incorporate in our high-end robots, we are giving users both the power and simplicity required for their applications.”
To learn more about the Synthis T6 All-in-One SCARA Robot, please visit www.epson.com/T6.
- Easy to install; fast integration — installs in minutes, unlike expensive, complex linear-slide systems; requires less time and money for system integration
- All-in-One solution — includes built-in controller with power for end-of-arm tooling in one space-saving design
- Full featured; ultra low cost — includes the same powerful features found in Epson’s high-end robots at an affordable price
- Built-in controller — saves critical workspace with the controller conveniently housed in the robot’s base
- Easy to use — intuitive and feature-packed Epson RC+® development software makes it easy to create powerful solutions
- Powerful arm design — 600 mm reach, up to 6 kg payload and multi-tool capable
- Comes standard with 110 V and 220 V power — low wattage and power consumption (no special panel or plug required)
- Built-in power for end-of-arm tooling — eliminates the need for an external power source
- Integrated options — vision, designed specifically for robot guidance; plus, fieldbus interface solutions; Epson RC+ 7.0 API software for open-platform functionality; teach pendants; and customizable GUIs
- No battery required for encoder — minimizes downtime and reduces overall cost of ownership
About Epson Robots
Epson Robots is a global leader in PC controlled precision factory automation, with an installed base of well over 65,000 robots worldwide and a product line of hundreds of models of easy to use SCARA, Cartesian and 6-Axis robots based on a common PC based platform. Building on a 35+ year heritage, Epson Robots today delivers robots for precision assembly and material handling applications in the aerospace, appliance, automotive, biotechnology, consumer product, electronics, food processing, medical device, pharmaceutical, plastics, semiconductor, and telecommunication industries. For more information, visit www.epsonrobots.com
Epson is a global technology leader dedicated to connecting people, things and information with its original efficient, compact and precision technologies. With a lineup that ranges from inkjet printers and digital printing systems to 3LCD projectors, watches and industrial robots, the company is focused on driving innovations and exceeding customer expectations in inkjet, visual communications, wearables and robotics.
Led by the Japan-based Seiko Epson Corporation, the Epson Group comprises more than 76,000 employees in 87 companies around the world, and is proud of its contributions to the communities in which it operates and its ongoing efforts to reduce environmental impacts.
Epson America, Inc., based in Long Beach, Calif., is Epson’s regional headquarters for the U.S., Canada, and Latin America. To learn more about Epson, please visit: epson.com. You may also connect with Epson America on Facebook (facebook.com/Epson), Twitter (twitter.com/EpsonAmerica), YouTube (youtube.com/EpsonAmerica), and Instagram (instagram.com/EpsonAmerica).