Robotics Industry News
FANUC Introduces New ROBONANO a-NTiA Ultra-Precise Machine Tool at SPIE Photonics West 2020
FANUC America Corporation Posted 01/29/2020
ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – FANUC America, the leading supplier of robotics, CNCs, ROBOMACHINEs and Industrial IoT solutions will introduce the new ROBONANO α-NTiA at SPIE Photonics West 2020, Feb. 4-6, in San Francisco, Booth #5684.
Designed to help manufacturers improve productivity, the ROBONANO is an ultra-precise machine tool offering the ultimate in finish quality for optical surfaces. Available in two models, including the new ROBONANO α-NTiA for turning applications, and the ROBONANO α-NMiA for 5-axis milling and scribing/engraving, the ROBONANO meets the requirements of the most demanding applications in the automotive, biomedical, and watchmaking industries.
At SPIE, the ROBONANO α-NTiA will demonstrate turning of a lens core with optical quality and a perfectly flat surface. The demonstration will highlight the machine’s ability to provide high-accuracy machining without imperfections.
Easy to setup and use, both ROBONANO models offer a 0.1 nm programming command resolution, and unsurpassed positioning stability to provide nanometer-level surface finishes and extremely accurate freeform surfaces.
The ROBONANO meets FANUC’s world-renowned standards for quality and reliability, and sets the bar for speed, accuracy, and robust construction. Additional state-of-the-art technologies include the latest FANUC CNC and servo motors, and an HMI screen for operating peripheral devices.
FANUC ROBONANO Features and Benefits
- Highest quality and shortest machining times for all industries requiring ultra-high precision and surface quality.
- Available in two models for milling, scribing and turning applications.
- Offers manufacturers an easy-to-use and high-performance machining solution for mass production.
- FANUC’s unmatched reliability and lifetime product support
- Applies the latest FANUC CNC and servo motor technologies, an oil hydrostatic bearing, linear motors, and an active damping system to maximize performance
- Smart M-Setup operating panel is based on the easy-to-use iHMI
- Variety of intelligent software functions for application specific optimization, providing unmatched ultra-precision machining with high-speed repeatability
- Compact design for overall energy conservation and efficiency
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize productivity, reliability and profitability.
FANUC embraces a culture of “Service First” which means that customer service is our highest priority. We are committed to supplying our customers with parts and support for the life of their FANUC products.
FANUC America is headquartered at 3900 W. Hamlin Road, Rochester Hills, MI 48309, and has facilities in: Auburn Hills, MI; Atlanta; Boston; Charlotte; Chicago; Cincinnati; Cleveland; Houston; Huntington Beach, CA; Los Angeles; Minneapolis; Montreal; Pine Brook, NJ; Pontiac, MI; Birmingham, AL; San Francisco; Seattle; Toronto; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Sao Paulo, and Manaus, Brazil; and Aguascalientes, Monterrey, and Queretaro, Mexico.