Robotics Industry News
FANUC’s New SCARA Robots Offer Speed, Precision, and an Ultra Compact Design
FANUC America Corporation Posted 12/01/2017
ROCHESTER HILLS, MI – FANUC CORPORATION, the world’s leading supplier of robotics, CNC and factory automation will introduce the new SR-3iA and SR-6iA SCARA robots at the International Robot Exhibition (iREX) 2017 in Tokyo, Japan.
FANUC’s new SCARA robots feature high-speed, precise operation for pick and place, assembly, testing/inspection and packaging processes in a wide range of industries including consumer electronics, auto component, plastics, food and beverage, lab automation, appliances and medical device manufacturing. A compact, lightweight design provides significant space savings.
“Our new SCARA robots represent the next level of speed and precision for assembly and material handling applications,” said Nishant Jhaveri, engineering manager, small and SCARA robots, FANUC America. “With the addition of SCARA robots to our small robot lineup, we’re able to provide customers with a cost-effective solution to achieve higher productivity, even when micron-level tolerances are required.”
The SR-3iA offers a 3kg payload, 400mm reach, and 200mm stroke, and the SR-6iA has a 6kg payload, 650mm reach and 210mm stroke. “Motion performance for FANUC’s new SCARA robots are best-in-class,” added Jhaveri.
Powered by the new R-30iB Compact Plus controller, the new SCARA robots offer the same intelligence and reliability available on all FANUC robots, including integrated iRVision, force sensing, conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity, integrated safety, and most other software options. FANUC’s new SCARA iRProgrammer software interface is easy to use for programming with Tablets or PCs, and can be accessed via a Web browser.
“The FANUC SCARA’s are built on the same world-renowned platform as our entire product line,” said Jhaveri. “With over a half-million robots installed globally, FANUC is a household name in manufacturing. Now, with the addition of SCARAs to our product lineup, we’re able to provide our customers with a well-rounded selection of small robots.”
FANUC SCARA Robot Features and Benefits
- Ultra-compact footprint and slim profile minimizes interference with peripheral devices.
- Two models available: SR-3iA (400mm reach) and SR-6iA (650mm reach).
- Lightweight design enables easy system integration and continuous fast operation.
- High inertia capacity maximizes flexibility to handle large work pieces.
- Generous vertical stroke makes it possible to perform assembly, packaging and handling operations.
- Bottom cable exit (optional) provides cable protection, and saves valuable floor space for higher efficiency.
- Integral air lines, 24VDC power and I/O signal cables, and solenoid valves (optional) simplify system integration and reduce overall cost.
- Brake release switch on the robot’s arm allows easy error recovery.
- New high-performance R-30iB Compact Plus controller requires minimal space and allows layout and installation flexibility.
- New web-based iRProgrammer user interface for intuitive and easy robot setup and programming on a Tablet or PC (Teach Pendant is optional).
- Standard CE/NRTL compliance on the R-30iB Compact Plus controller allows global deployment without any additional cost.
- Same high performance intelligent software options across the entire FANUC robot line, including iRVision (Integrated Vision), force sensing, conveyor tracking, fieldbus connectivity and integrated safety.
FANUC’s SCARA robots will be available in North America in Q1 2018.
About FANUC CORPORATION
FANUC CORPORATION, headquartered at the foot of Mt. Fuji, Japan, is the global leader and the most innovative manufacturer of Factory Automation, Robots and ROBOMACHINE’s in the world. With 259 offices in 45 countries, FANUC provides world-class customer service and support. Since its inception in 1972, FANUC has contributed to the automation of machine tools as a pioneer in the development of computer numerical control equipment. FANUC technology has been a leading force in a worldwide manufacturing revolution, which evolved from the automation of a single machine to the automation of entire production lines. For more information visit: http://www.fanuc.co.jp/eindex.htm.
About FANUC America Corporation
FANUC America Corporation is a subsidiary of FANUC CORPORATION in Japan, and provides industry-leading robotics, CNC systems, and factory automation. FANUC’s innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas maximize productivity, reliability and profitability.
FANUC embraces a culture of “Service First” which means that customer service is our highest priority. We are committed to supplying our customers with parts and support for the life of their FANUC products.