Robotics Industry News
International Conference for Vision Guided Robotics Set for October 1 & 2
Robotic Industries Association Posted 04/24/2008
Thursday, April 24, 2008 - (Robotics Online) The first International Conference for Vision Guided Robotics will be held October 1 & 2, 2008 at the Sheraton Detroit Novi in Novi, Michigan.
Sponsored by the Robotic Industries Association (RIA) and the Automated Imaging Association (AIA), two trade groups representing over 500 robotics and machine vision companies, the event will feature in-depth presentations and tabletop exhibits from leading companies.
'Vision guidance is one of the key factors in making robots more useful in a wider variety of applications than ever before,' said Jeffrey A. Burnstein, Executive Vice President of RIA. 'Advancements in vision guidance are creating the ability for robots to do previously impossible tasks, such as randomly picking parts from a bin. AIA and RIA have been holding workshops on vision guidance for many years and believe that now is the time to hold a full-fledged international conference on this topic. We hope to bring together all of the companies from around the world active in vision guidance so that attendees can discover all the latest available solutions.'
Among the specific topics to be addressed will be:
- Comparing vision guided robots to traditional pick and place operations
- 2D vision guidance techniques
- Integrating 3D vision sensors with robots for flexible applications
- The latest advances in object tracking and visual servoing
- Case studies of successful applications of vision guided robots
- How vision guidance can assist in traceability and error proofing