Robotics Industry News
KINGSTAR Launches Open Software Platform for Real-Time, PC-Based Motion Control and Machine Vision in Europe
IntervalZero Posted 11/15/2016
WALTHAM, Mass.--KINGSTAR, the industry’s most innovative and complete motion control platform, today announced the launch of the KINGSTAR Soft Motion Platform to the European market. KINGSTAR will debut in Europe at SPS IPC Drives 2016 event in Nuremberg, Germany, November 22-24, 2016.
KINGSTAR eliminates the need for proprietary, hardware and individual solutions for industrial machine automation. Through pre-tested, pre-integrated, and best-of-breed software components, KINGSTAR is the only machine automation platform that provides the freedom and flexibility of ‘plug-and-play’ choices, reducing cost by up to half while delivering precision performance and quality.
At booth Hall 3, Stand 647 at SPS IPC Drives 2016, KINGSTAR will showcase its real-time Windows 10 IoT Core solution. This brand new offering, designed for companies who require a real-time solution in the Azure cloud and seek a replacement for Windows Embedded CE (Compact 7), provides both determinism and all of the benefits of Windows 10 IoT Core, including Microsoft Azure tools and services.
KINGSTAR will also demonstrate each of its end-to-end software components, including:
- KINGSTAR Soft Motion provides an integrated environment for consolidated, inexpensive and scalable motion control. Soft Motion runs directly on the PC, uses the NIC card for I/O, and uses the EtherCAT protocol for freedom from proprietary and costly hardware.
- KINGSTAR EtherCAT exposes the real-time interface that allows engineers to integrate their own motion control algorithms or software with an EtherCAT network, providing highly customizable motion control and machine vision with precision performance at an affordable price.
- KINGSTAR Soft PLC, powered by ISaGRAF, delivers application management and deployment that enables complete and consolidated control of assembly lines and machinery.
- KINGSTAR Machine Vision, powered by Matrox, allows engineers to build interactive applications and functions for image capture, processing, analysis, annotation, display, and archiving on GigE Vision® and other camera devices.
- IntervalZero RTX64, the foundation of the KINGSTAR platform, replaces FPGAs and DSPs by transforming Windows into a real-time OS (RTOS), reducing development costs and significantly improving the quality of embedded systems.
“The European market is rejecting the notion of expensive, proprietary industrial motion control and machine vision hardware that cannot leverage the cloud,” said Fabrice Boisset, General Manager, Europe of KINGSTAR. “The cloud-based IoT and Industry 4.0 future demands cost-effective cloud-based options without relinquishing performance. We are excited to bring KINGSTAR’s game-changing end-to-end platform to Europe, so EU organizations can leverage a single Windows PC to perform multiple deterministic functions, such as motion control, PLC, and machine vision, in real time, to deliver superior machine automation performance at a fraction of the cost of current solutions.”
KINGSTAR is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts and has offices in Nice, France, Munich, Germany and Taipei City, Taiwan. The company is an EtherCAT Technology Group, PLCopen, OPC Foundation, Intel Embedded Alliance and Microsoft Embedded Gold Partner.