Robotics Industry News
Product Release Notice: KINGSTAR 3.1.1
IntervalZero Posted 06/01/2017
KINGSTAR products are designed for industrial machines requiring motion control and positioning systems. KINGSTAR’s all-software approach sets it apart from other machine control solutions.
Using the EtherCAT standard; the power of Industrial PCs; and the Windows operating system, enhanced by IntervalZero’s RTX64 hard real-time software that transforms Windows into a real-time operating system (RTOS), you can create software-only, PC-based machine controllers that lower the costs of industrial machines while delivering excellent precision and performance.
There are two product lines: KINGSTAR Soft Motion and KINGSTAR EtherCAT.
KINGSTAR Soft Motion is a complete software solution that creates PC-based machine controllers with premium precision and performance.
KINGSTAR EtherCAT provides support for CANopen over EtherCAT and simplified configuration of EtherCAT networks.
New Features and Resolved Issues
KINGSTAR Soft Motion
- Resolves an issue regarding the MC_MoveContinuousRelative function not maintaining the original velocity when in buffer mode. (291)
- Adds support for overriding velocity, acceleration and jerk for multi-axis setups with the function MC_GroupSetOverride. (244)
- Resolves an issue regarding CAM failing when built under Windows debug configuration. (285)
- Resolves an issue regarding the unsupported hardware list not being displayed properly within the ESI Import Tool. (304)
- Improved the memory usage of the ESI Import Tool. (263)
- Resolves an issue regarding the KINGSTAR EtherCAT master failing to connect with slave devices. (287)
- Resolves an issue regarding drives not working correctly when using PDO assignment. (293)
- Resolves an issue regarding the encoder resolution of OMRON servo drives not being read correctly. (301)
- Adds and improves default support for the following Servo drives:
- Festo CMMP-AS-M3 (306)
- Fuji ALPHA5 Series (322)
- Newport XPS-RL Series (314)
- Panasonic Minas A6 Series (308)
- TQ Systems SDB-40-100 (310)
- FAULHABER Drive (272)
- Kollmorgen AKD Drive (309)
- Adds and improves default support for the following EtherCAT I/O devices:
- dieEntwickler RapidoScan (305)
- Leuze bar code scanner BCL 338i (307)
- Adds and improves default support for the following EtherCAT couplers:
- Friedrich Lütze LCOS-BC-PN (312)
- Phoenix Contact IL-EC-BK-PAC (311)
- Weidmüller UR20-4DI-P (313)
- Weidmüller UR20-FBC-EC (313)
- Weidmüller UR67-MP-78-8DIDO-12-60M (313)