Robotics Industry News
item North America Introduces Aluminum Stairway and Platform System
MB Kit Systems, LLC Posted 12/15/2014
item North America, which designs and constructs mechanical solutions, including linear actuators, material handling systems and machinery for a wide range of industrial applications, has introduced a new “Stair Platform System” to the North American market, using item International’s innovative TPS system of extruded aluminum components.
The TPS Stairway and Platform System enables the design of customized, elevated work platforms, industrial and warehouse mezzanines, and inspection areas around large and non-standard applications in factories, manufacturing facilities, automation cells or assembly operations. Similar to item’s Machine Building Kit System, the Stairway and Platform System is modular and allows for sub-assemblies to be easily installed on location, with no downtime to workflows.
item’s TPS system makes it easy to comply with safety standards, to ensure maximum employee protection. Industrial stairs can be designed to OSHA-approved pitch inclines of 30, 38 and 45 degrees.
The TPS System, similar to item’s Machine Building System, includes a set of basic standard components focusing on both industrial stair and platform configurations. Stanchion and hand rails can be sealed to form clean, closed cylindrical surfaces to minimize the impact of foreign particulates.
The TPS system offers a number of benefits over traditional work stair and platform systems:
- Bolt-together technology: The TPS aluminum stair and platform system is easily assembled in the customer’s facility with no downtime.
- 100% reusable components: Solutions can be re-configured time to suit updates and improvements to workflows.
- Customized solutions: The industrial stair and platform system can be configured to any customer requirements.
- Maximum safety: The TPS work stair and platform system can satisfy the most stringent safety requirements.
- Rust-free and maintenance-free: The anodized finish of the TPS system will not rust. It is aesthetically pleasing and practically maintenance-free.
Learn more about the TPS.
item North America’s engineering team can provide design recommendations for the most efficient, cost-effective solution for any industrial stairway and platform need. After review of project or application requirements, a drawing and quote can generally be returned within 5-7 business days.
Contact item North America to learn more about the company’s work stairs and platform solutions.