Robotics Industry News
CVPC from Coval: a vacuum cartridge responding directly to users´ requirements
Coval Vacuum Technology Inc. Posted 01/28/2019
More speed, more flexibility, more performance», this is what manufacturers are asking of packaging machines. To meet these expectations, COVAL has launched the CVPC series, a range of vacuum cartridges which can be fully integrated into the process for greater efficiency. The new CVPC series combines for the first time a pilot-operated solenoid valve and a single stage Venturi, all in the form of a cartridge weighing no more than 22 g.
Its »all-in-one» design, compactness and lightweight are features exclusive to COVAL. These patented new vacuum cartridges offer all the advantages expected by manufacturers, integrators and users:
- Performance, achieved through the combined solenoid valve and single stage Venturi in an ultra-compact unit. The cartridges can be placed close to the suction cups, eliminating any loss of vacuum pressure and guaranteeing an instantaneous grip.
- Flexibility of implementation, because the cartridge is designed to be easily integrated in any type of tool.
- Maintenance-free, thanks to the venturi´s single-stage construction which makes the cartridge dust-resistant.
An Innovation with a Reputation
This idea, a result of constant dialogue between COVAL and its customers, is a genuine summary of the added value COVAL brings to manufacturers: practical, agile solutions which translate directly into productivity gains. This was confirmed by the first customer applications, under real production conditions in the food packaging sector.
FrenchFab in Action
The CVPC series of vacuum cartridges complements the COVAL range of vacuum pumps, suction cups and accessories for vacuum handling designed for packaging applications. The series was developed by COVAL´s own design department and is manufactured in Montélier, France, underlining COVAL´s commitment to the French Fab initiative.
What Makes the Difference:
A wide range to allow to perfectly adapt to each application:
- Size 1: nozzle Ø 1.2, 1.4 and 1.6 mm generating a suction flow rate ranging from 41 to 90 NI/min. Max. vacuum 85%
- Size 2 : nozzle Ø 2.2 and 2.7 mm generating a suction flow rate ranging 160 to 215 Nl/min. Max. vacuum 85%
- Integrated pilot-operated solenoid valve reduces response times
- Single-stage venturi for improved evacuation time
Ease of Use
- Minimal space requirement for installation at the center of the process
- Simple connection with an M8 connector
- Pick and place
COVAL. The vacuum you need. Where you need it, when you need it.
Established in the south of France, COVAL SAS designs, produces and markets high-performance vacuum components and systems throughout the entire world for industrial applications in all lines of business.
COVAL is an ISO 9001 V2015 certified company that innovates on a global scale in the area of vacuum handling using optimized components with integrated, intelligent and reliable features. Its solutions can be adapted to any industrial context and their primary goal is to improve productivity with safety in mind.
COVAL's clients are present in all major industrial fields in which vacuum handling is critical for efficiency and productivity. These fields include packaging, automotive, plastic processing, aeronautics, and palletizing.
COVAL markets its products and services throughout Europe as well as in North and South America through its subsidiaries and its network of authorized distributors.