Engineer - Robotic Applications
Posted on 05/08/2019
Are you passionate about implementing robotics solutions to improve manufacturing processes? Do you have strong problem solving skills and the ability to interpret and apply solutions to different situations by understanding customer needs? Have you delivered improved operational excellence by using and implementing a variety of tools, systems and processes? Our Global Robotics Program is looking for a talented professional with a background and expertise in robotics that can influence, work and deliver results across multiple global functions.
At Lilly, we serve an extraordinary purpose. We make a difference for people around the globe by discovering, developing and delivering medicines that help them live longer, healthier, more active lives. Not only do we deliver breakthrough medications, but you also can count on us to develop creative solutions to support communities through philanthropy and volunteerism.
We strive to make life better and to be leaders in diversity and inclusion, clinical research, corporate responsibility and employee benefits. For more than 140 years, we have received recognition from several distinguished organizations for our efforts. Here are some of our 2019 honors:
- Catalyst Award, for our innovative Employee Journeys and People Strategy
- Corporate Knights, Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
- Ethisphere, World's Most Ethical Companies
- Forbes, America's Best Employers for Diversity
Major Duties & Responsibilities
As a Robotic Applications engineer, you will provide engineering expertise to implement robotic technologies across the Lilly manufacturing sites that result in increased productivity,safety improvements, and variability reduction. In, addition you will have the following key Objectives/Deliverables:
- Work closely with global sites and Global Robotics Program peers to identify, evaluate, conceptualize, and lead designs for global robotic systems.
- Provide subject matter expertise for the Global Robotics Program in areas including robotic system design, 2D and 3D vision development, robot code development, End of Arm Tooling design, rapid prototyping, vendor evaluation, and augmented / virtual reality simulation.
- Develop Engineering Best Practices for robotic application development.
- Participate multi-disciplinary teams within manufacturing, quality and other business units to develop applications for robotic technologies and support the effective deployments at manufacturing sites.
- Conduct surveillance related to new technologies and bring them in-house as appropriate.
- Work with Global Facilities Delivery team and manufacturing sites to incorporate robotics analysis into profiles for new manufacturing assets and facilities.
- Be a champion for safety activities and a role model for diversity, ethics, and compliance.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Additional Skills / Preferences
- 10 years as an engineer in a highly automated environment supporting robotic system development and deployment
- Experience with:
- Control system programming and integration (PLC, HMI, MES, etc.)
- Fanuc (TPP and Karel) and Staubli (VAL3) programming
- Fanuc’s IRVision and Cognex for robot guidance
- Fanuc’s Roboguide Simulation Staubli Robotics Suite (SRS)
- Autodesk Inventor
- Proficiency in planning and managing teams to carry out highly complex tasks and/or tasks that are highly cross-functional or cross-site in nature and may have aggressive timelines.
- Ability to:
- Communicate effectively to customers, business partners, and staff including good oral, written, and visual presentations.
- Interpret and apply solutions to different situations by understanding customer needs and applying strong problem solving skills.
- Utilize and implement various tools, systems, and processes resulting in improved operational excellence of laboratory and business operations.
- Manage capital projects.
- Manufacturing experience across different industries, or multi-site.
- Thorough knowledge/experience in cGMP, ICH, USP, and applicable regulations as well as robotics industry standards
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s or masters in a science or engineering
- Minimum 5 years as an engineer in a highly automated environment supporting on robotic system development and deployment
- Associates Degree in science, technology or engineering related area with a minimum of 6 years-experience in a highly automated environment supporting on robotic system development and deployment.
- Significant domestic and international travel will be required (e.g. up to one-two weeks per month)
- Will require occasional work in a manufacturing environment
- Safety equipment and / or gowning may be required
- Lilly is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION