Materials Shipping & Receiving Specialist in Shoreview, MN
Posted on 05/29/2019
The Materials Shipping & Receiving Specialist is responsible for processing domestic and international shipments and receiving incoming shipments. Knowledge of International shipping processes and procedures is required. This role requires a self-starter with the ability to work independently and the desire to grow with the company. This is a hands-on role that also supports the shop floor as needed to receive shipments, prepare shipments for safe transportation, kitting, loading and unloading trucks and operating a forklift. 30% administrative/70% hands-on.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Process all domestic and international shipments following designated rules and regulations.
- Process all daily incoming shipments accurately via Jobscope and also support the production floor with project material as required. Accurately receive incoming material and process shipments of spare part orders. Work closely with purchasing to immediately rectify any inbound problems that may occur, including incoming inspection for all shipments not required to process through QC.
- Work with Project Managers, Field Service and Customer Service to assure all international documentation is accurate and complete. This would include all forms, packing slips, shipper's letter of instruction, electronic filings, etc.
- Process all AES filings when required to make sure we conform to all Department of Commerce regulations.
- Work closely and communicate with freight forwarders to assure all information is understood by all parties involved to assure efficient freight movement.
- Effectively communicate and work with PaR's customers and vendors to handle inbound or returning equipment when necessary. Make arrangements to efficiently ship gang boxes, calibration kits and laser trackers out to customer sites as well as arrange for their return when the work is completed.
- Support shop floor by: kitting, filling back orders, processing receipts, processing completed inspection components, loading/unloading trucks, operating a forklift, preparing shipments for safe transportation including building crates, securing, skidding and banding.
- Smooth transition from our dock to customer's door on all international shipments.
- 100% accuracy for all AES filings.
- Goal of 100% receiving's completed on a daily basis.
- Support and assist all PaR departments as necessary
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in an international shipping environment.
- Knowledge of all forms, functions within the international shipping process.
- Five years' experience working in a manufacturing, material control capacity.
- Safe and knowledgeable operation of all types of lifting devices. Forklifts, hoists, etc.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION