Sales Development Manager- IL, IA, NE, KS, MO
Posted on 06/05/2019
Chicago, Illinois, St. Louis, Missouri, or Kansas City, Missouri
Universal Robots is seeking a Sales Development Manager located in one of the following areas: St. Louis, Chicago, or Kansas City. In this role, you ’ll work for a rapidly growing global robot manufacturer. And let’s face it, what’s cooler than robots and automation?
Bring your channel development and industrial automation expertise to cover the states of Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas and Missouri, and be responsible for doubling growth in our exploding collaborative robotic (cobot) market!
We are leading the collaborative robot (“cobot”) space, having captured 60% market share in less than ten years. We’re not like the traditional robot companies, which is a good thing. We think differently, work differently and grow differently. Now we need a talented and motivated individual to be our Sales Development Manager to grow sales within a five-state territory. Specifically, in this region you will support the Area Sales Manager in meeting and exceeding targets with your own competitive upside. Our environment feels entrepreneurial with all the benefits of a well-established company; competitive base salary + quarterly bonus, excellent benefits and paid time off!
We are changing the ground rules in automation – and it is being noticed!
Universal Robots is a great place to work with an exciting company culture, passionate employees and a supportive management team, all poised for continued growth. We recently celebrated our ten year anniversary and 25,000th robot sold. Our product is taking the industry by storm, receiving several industry awards. One of our robots even rang the closing bell on the NYSE last year!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Hunt for new sales opportunities, and once qualified, introduce opportunity and recommend win strategy to the UR distributors
- Responsible for achieving sales goals/quotas in assigned territory
- Establish and structure a sales pipeline for new distributors
- Continually review and optimize distribution network in conjunction with the ASM, Director of Channel Sales, Director of CSIs/OEMs, and Global SLA management
- Facilitate joint visits with distributor’s sales reps to end-users, integrators, OEMs and UR+ Partners where appropriate
- Coach, train, develop, motivate and support all existing partners within territory
- Collaborate with Area Sales Manager to penetrate established local target customers within market segments
- Drive training/knowledge development of product/applications/sales performance with distribution partners
- Travel >50%
Minimum Skills & Abilities
This is a great job for a person who accepts nothing less than personal greatness because you get to:
- Be a self-starter that hunts for new sales opportunities every day
- Make decisions and act quickly
- Be a high energy professional who thrives in a challenging, entrepreneurial, and dynamic environment
- Be part of an environment that thrives on passion, personal commitment, and excellence
- Enjoy outstanding camaraderie with peers
Minimum Education & Experience
It’s you we are looking for!
You are expected to come with a bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Engineering or a related subject. Also, a minimum of 5 years’ sales experience with a proven successful track record in the robotics or automation industry.
We are looking for a colleague that comes with the following skills and personality traits:
- Has the drive, passion and energy to seek out new sales opportunities
- An excellent communicator and strong relationship builder
- Experience selling technical products
- Strong sense of understanding of the value proposition by the end-users
- Experience with structured sales, plans, budgets, pipeline management in complex, multi-decision maker environments
- Experience in selling components as part of larger projects would be an advantage
- Strong understanding of the distribution business and working with system integrators
Join Universal Robots
Universal Robots offers an exciting job with great professional challenges and the opportunity for you to influence your own progression. We emphasize an informal and good work environment where you will have an opportunity to gain influence and be part of making a difference.
Learn more about the company and the products you will be working with on our website.
We look forward to learn more about you!
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION