Robotics Software Engineer / Architect
Posted on 08/06/2019
San Diego, CA
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures.
This position is for a Robotics Software Engineer / Architect. For this position, we are looking for a person with a broad understanding of autonomous navigation and strong expertise in software engineering practices in Python and C++ (C++ 11 and later preferred). We are looking for people who know how to code at industry level with a strong background in programming constructs and idioms.
As a core member of our AI Division, you will work with our world-class team of engineers and scientists to build a platform for the next generation of intelligent machines. Your experience will be pivotal in advancing our mission: safe and reliable robots everywhere.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D Degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- Strong experience in Python and C++
- Experience working in large code bases of mixed Python and C++ and Python extensions
- Ability to produce computationally efficient software that can meet real-time requirements
- Git knowledge
- Strong coding skills Python and C++ in Linux environment
- Extensive experience converting publications to actual implementations
- 4+ years experience (industry experience)
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience designing and developing robotic systems using a robotic middleware (such as ROS), and existing libraries and tools
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment, and release management tools
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Good working knowledge of robotics and surrounding systems
- Understanding of kinematic and dynamic vehicle models
- Knowledge in 3D Path Planning Algorithms
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION