Senior Research Scientist / Engineer - Machine Learning
Posted on 08/06/2019
San Diego, CA
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures.
We are looking for candidates with advanced knowledge in the fields of machine learning and adaptive data processing.
As a core member of our AI Division, you will work with our world-class team of engineers and scientists to build a platform for the next generation of intelligent machines. Your experience will be pivotal in advancing our mission: safe and reliable robots everywhere.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- M.S. or Ph.D. Degree in computer science, Software engineering or a related field
- Strong experience with classification and regression algorithms
- Strong experience in machine learning techniques (unsupervised, supervised, reinforcement, demonstration) and optimization algorithms
- Strong coding skills Python and C++ in Linux environment
- Extensive experience converting publications to actual implementations
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- 4+ years industry experience
- Experience in deep neural network packages (e.g. TensorFlow, Theano)
- Experience designing and developing robotic systems using a robotic middleware (such as ROS), and existing libraries and tools
- Track record of research excellence or/and experience converting publications to actual implementations
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment and release management tools
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Proven system integration and software architecture skills
- Experience launching products containing machine learning algorithms
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION