Autonomous Navigation Software Engineer
Posted on 08/06/2019
San Diego, CA
Brain Corp is a San Diego-based AI company creating transformative core technology for the robotics industry. Our diverse engineering teams in Software, Hardware Design, and Embedded Systems are creating comprehensive solutions to support the builders of today's autonomous machines in successfully producing, deploying, and supporting commercial robots across industries and applications. Brain Corp is funded by the SoftBank Vision Fund and Qualcomm Ventures.
We are looking for innovative and motivated Software Engineer with background in the field of autonomous navigation architectures to join our team. As a core member of our Robotic Application Development team, you will work with our world-class team of engineers and scientists to build a platform for the next generation of intelligent machines. Your experience will be pivotal in advancing our mission: safe and reliable robots everywhere.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 4+ years of relevant experience
- Experience in design and prototype for autonomous navigation architectures
- Experience in building internal representations of the environment that is useful for path planning and control of autonomous vehicles
- Strong coding skills Python and C++ in Linux environment
- Extensive experience converting publications to actual implementations
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Experience designing and developing robotic systems using a robotic middleware (such as ROS), and existing libraries and tools
- Experience with continuous integration, deployment, and release management tools
- Related industry experience: Robotics, Computer Vision, 3D gaming/modeling, AR, etc.
- Experience with Agile and Scrum methodology
- Proven system integration and software architecture
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION