Robotic Field Service Tech
Posted on 08/20/2019
St. Catharines, ON Canada
The FSD team is growing! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service and support. Be a part of our team!
We are looking for a resourceful, energetic problem solver that can work efficiently both individually or in a team setting, and can also interact effectively with customers and vendors when necessary
The Robotic Field Service Tech will be responsible for troubleshooting, repairing and testing all Industrial Robots.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual with an educational background in industrial controls, automation or robotics. Preference will be given to electrical and mechanical technicians and technologists. Experience in service related jobs or manufacturing environments would be an asset. The ability to comfortably use a wide range of tools, computers, and software would be required.
FSD provides a great workplace environment, focusing on our core values: Integrity & Respect, Teamwork, Health & Happiness, Innovation & Speed, and Resourcefulness. We get involved in the community in multiple ways, through charity sponsors, corporate events and trade shows. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package after specified probationary period.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Wiring harnesses
- Testing, Repairing and refurbishing industrial robots
- Trouble shooting industrial automation equipment
- Assisting engineering team with robot integration projects
- Service calls for robotic equipment
- PLC and Robotic Programming
- Repairing industrial and electronic parts
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Must be physically fit (able to lift up to 40 kg repeatedly) and have safety footwear
- Must have valid G class drivers license and valid passport (Nexus pass is an asset)
- Must be able to travel internationally if required
- Must have PLC & Robotic Programming experience
- Experience with electronic inventory management systems an asset
- Must have strong automation/robotics background
- Must be organized and punctual
- Additional languages an asset
Minimum Education & Experience
* Compensation to be determined based on experience/qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
- robotics and/or automation: 1 year (Required)
- Plc Programming: 1 year (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Drivers License G (Preferred)
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION