Sr. Controls Engineer - Shoreview, MN
Posted on 09/26/2019
PaR Systems is a world leader in the design and development cutting edge software, automation and control systems for Aerospace, Life Science, and Marine markets. We are seeking a Sr. Controls Engineer who is experienced with participating in proposal responses, creating system designs and schematics, PLC programming, intuitive user interfaces and flexible system product designs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can balance the expectations of our customers with the demands of creating an extensible, maintainable software product. We need an individual who has proven success in delivering customer satisfaction while maintaining project scope, budget, and schedule.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in a multi-discipline team to aid in the collection and validation of system requirements
- Contribute to winning customer proposals which include innovative technical concepts, costing and schedule to successfully deliver the project
- Help in the development of control designs and implementation tasks:
- System designs
- Control cabinet designs
- Control networks/protocols
- Safety systems
- PLC programming
- HMI/SCADA programming
- Knowledge of standard system components (COTS)
- Create design documentation, flow diagrams and user documentation
- Aid in the creation of test plans and integration
- Develop well documented, maintainable code in the excepted PaR format
- Embrace an Agile development methodology to allow adaptive project implementations
- Work as a committed team member during all phases of development including onsite integration
- Support field service to achieve customer satisfaction
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Desired experience, skills and background:
- Robotic programming
- Experience with product development lifecycle
- Experience with Phase-Gate process
- Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with GUI/UI programming for a variety of different platforms
- high level languages
- Mathematical modeling background
- MS degree
Opportunities at PaR:
This position offers the opportunity to join a rapidly growing high technology company. PaR is a privately held corporation with a demonstrated ability through continuous innovation and new product development to grow profitably and to add to that growth with focused acquisitions. As indicated in the attached values, our hiring and our performance reviews are based on a strong adherence to long standing company values, tied to personal values such as integrity, teamwork, and open communication, and a passion for customers and product excellence. Interest in sophisticated products that improve our customer's businesses is a must. We have maintained an excellent blend of small company speed, efficiency, and dedication to customer satisfaction and employee success, while implementing ever higher standards of excellence, which has produced a successful technology company with very low turnover. We are working daily to maintain these elements at PaR.
Minimum Education & Experience
Required experience, skills and background:
- 10-15 years' controls experience, with heavy emphasis placed on relevant and applicable project history
- BS Electrical Engineering or BS in related field
- Drive selection and configuration
- AutoCAD electrical experience or similar
- Prior experience with Debuggers, Logic Analyzers, and modern debugging tools
- Experience with real-time operating systems
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Up to 25% travel
- U.S. Citizen
- Integrity & Honesty: It is who we are and what we do every day that makes us proud to be part of PaR Systems.
- Customer Driven: We can best meet our client's needs by delivering innovative, high quality solutions as partners.
- Growth Oriented: Through continuous innovation, we strive to be the leader in our fields and grow profitably.
- Individual Responsibility: Our corporate success occurs with each individual taking personal responsibility for being the best at his/her job and working together to safely meet client's needs.
- Open Communication: We demonstrate our respect for one another and our customers through consistent, forthright, and open communications.
- Developing Our People: The success of the individual and of PaR Systems is a shared responsibility and occurs as each person grows through continual development.
- Stretch: We will always strive to exceed customer expectations, and our goals for continuous business improvements.
To be considered for our Sr. Controls Engineer role, please apply online at https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1115241&d=PaRExternalSite&r=5000370726906#/.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION