Field Service Technician
Posted on 09/26/2019
PaR Systems is the intelligent solutions provider for driving quality, productivity, and safety in manufacturing and other demanding environments since 1961. At PaR Systems, we leverage our large base of equipment platforms and applications experience to serve our clients, who come from a variety of industries. Our ability to access legacy platforms and technology expertise (gained from thousands of previously successful automation and material handling systems) allows us to consistently provide reliable, cost-effective solutions. We continue to help our clients be successful by:
- Determining where to automate to achieve the best return on their investment
- Deciding how to automate since every project has unique requirements
- Managing the firm price, scope, and delivery schedule challenges
- Disciplined management of the supplier/client interface
- Applying the lessons of experience for future success.
Today, we continue to expand product expertise through strategic acquisitions, enhancing our ability to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our continued growth adds significant depth and breadth to our capabilities.
PaR’s Field Service personnel are the primary interface between PaR and its customer base by keeping contact after projects are complete to ensure maximum up-time of equipment and identifying potential sales for obsolescence, enhancement or modification. Systems include standard products and custom projects in the material handling, custom robotic, aerospace, environmental, and other custom applications.
Field Service Technicians are responsible for the installation, commissioning, servicing, troubleshooting and repair of a variety of machines and systems. They will also be responsible for assisting with in-house assembly and testing.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Testing, inspecting, commissioning, and servicing of control systems. Includes programming of PLC's, HMI's, VFD's, Tablet PC's, and WiFi networks.
- Supervision of contracted labor on customer's site, ensuring project adheres to established schedule.
- Machine installation may include use of heavy power tools, rigging equipment, fork truck operation, man-lifts, or survey equipment.
- Work in environments that may require standing, walking, bending, crawling and working at heights (including proper use of harness in accordance with OSHA standards).
- Communicating with, and travelling to, customers for support, including troubleshooting over the phone, evaluations and recommendations, and on-site visits.
- Adherence to local plant safety rules and procedures, as well as PaR's safety rules and procedures.
- Preparing reports for the customer, and assisting with creation of documentation packages after commissioning.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Travel requirements may be up to 75%.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 2yr Technical degree or equivalent in electronics/controls or mechanical systems.
- Electronics background should include PLCs, VFDs, control panels, HMIs, & computers. Siemens experience is a plus.
- Mechanical background should include hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems, assembly/disassembly of gearboxes, troubleshoot and repair of various mechanical systems.
- Ability to read schematics, wiring diagrams, and blueprints.
- Familiarity with OSHA safety programs, work-at-heights, and basic industrial environments and the required PPE.
- 3-5 years of technical experience, preferably in an industrial field.
PaR Systems offers a competitive benefit package and an amazing company culture. If you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for a challenging career with opportunities for growth, we’d love to talk with you!
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION