Manager of Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management
Posted on 10/17/2019
PaR Systems is a world leader in the design and development of cutting edge software, automation and control systems for Aerospace, Life Science, and Marine markets. We are seeking a Manager of Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management to provide leadership for managing business risk and compliance systems and processes at PaR Systems. This role will oversee assessment of business risks, evaluation of risk mitigation programs, and compliance with both external and internal regulations, policies and procedures. In collaboration with PaR’s corporate and business leaders and staff, the Manager of Regulatory Compliance and Risk Management will develop recommendations to strengthen risk mitigation programs, assist in the implementation of new procedures or programs and report on compliance matters to management and the Pohlad Governance Committee. As a direct report to PaR’s Chief Financial Officer, this position also partners with the Chief Risk Officer, Chief Legal Officer and Director of Internal Audit of the Pohlad Companies.
PaR Systems offers a competitive benefit package and an amazing company culture. If you are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit and are looking for a challenging career with opportunities for growth, we’d love to talk with you!
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive framework for identifying and evaluating both internal and external legal/regulatory, environmental, financial, operational, reputational and human resource risks to the business. As part of the framework, identify risk management programs (systems, tools and processes) designed to address and mitigate business risks.
- Develop, maintain and monitor a Risk Register for PaR System’s businesses to report on metrics for measuring PaR’s risk and compliance profiles.
- Working with business leaders and staff, perform regular, detailed risk assessments to proactively identify and assess new and emerging business risks. Document findings as part of the risk management framework.
- Perform periodic reviews/evaluations on the effectiveness of the risk management programs in place designed to mitigate business risks. Prepare and disseminate reports on findings. Monitor and report on follow-up actions.
- Develop recommendations for strengthening the existing programs and/or implementing new programs to improve the effectiveness of risk mitigation. Oversee and assist with the implementation of recommendations through identification of relevant resources and coordination across business functions.
- Oversee and report on resolution of compliance difficulties through investigation, follow up and remediation steps
- Create an environment of proactive risk awareness and promote the importance of compliance through proactive coaching and educating of business leaders and managers
- Participate in and support the Pohlad Companies risk management programs
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise risk management best practices using a framework that includes identification, prevention, monitoring/detection, resolution and advisory.
- Experience in the areas of legal, operational, regulatory/quality compliance, product/technology and financial
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills; solid understanding of risk-reward trade-offs
- Ability to seek and find commercially practical solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – demonstrated ability to discuss a variety of job-related topics and to communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences effectively
- Demonstrated independence and objectivity; executive-level interpersonal skills, integrity, flexibility
- Ability to build trust and solid relationships with all key stakeholders and contribute effectively in a team setting
Minimum Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required in business, accounting, finance, economics or related field
- Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience in enterprise risk management or related field in a technical engineering/manufacturing environment
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION