Automation & Robotics Field Service Tech
Posted on 12/06/2019
The FSD team is growing rapidly! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service, support and integration. Be a part of our team!
We are looking for a resourceful, energetic problem solver that can work efficiently both individually or in a team setting and can also interact effectively with customers and vendors when necessary.
The Field Service Tech will have a minimum of 4 years of experience and be primarily responsible for programming, troubleshooting, and repairing automated systems and industrial robots. Expert Fanuc and ABB robot experience is mandatory and any other experience with Motoman, Kuka, Nachi, and Kawasaki would be an asset. Experience with Allen Bradley, Siemens, and Omron PLC's is mandatory. Experience with a wide variety of communication protocols including EthenetIP, Profibus, DeviceNet, and Modbus. Must be able to read wiring schematics, and trace electrical issues to find root cause failures.
This position will require regular emergency service for after-hours on short notice outside of our normal operating hours of 9am-5pm. This position will require weekend work. This position will also have regular overtime and shift premiums.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual with an educational background in industrial controls, electronics, automation or robotics. Preference will be given to electrical and mechanical technicians and technologists. Experience in system integration, service-related jobs or manufacturing environments would be an asset. The ability to comfortably use a wide range of tools, computers, and software would be required.
FSD provides a great workplace environment, focusing on our core values: Integrity & Respect, Teamwork, Health & Happiness, Innovation & Speed, and Resourcefulness. We get involved in the community in multiple ways, through charity sponsors, corporate events and trade shows. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package after the specified probationary period.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Programming ABB & Fanuc Robots other industrial robots
- Programming & Troubleshooting Allen Bradley, Siemens and Omron PLC's
- Integration ability with robots, automation equipment, basic wiring
- Testing, and repairing industrial robots
- Trouble shooting industrial automation equipment
- Field service calls for PLC's & industrial robotic equipment
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- Must have clean drivers abstract and valid G class drivers license
- Must be able to provide clean criminal background check
- Must have valid passport and be able to travel internationally if required
- Must have minimum 4-5 years of ABB & Fanuc Robotic Programming experience
- Experience with ABB S4C, S4C+ & IRC5, Fanuc RJ3, RJ3i, RJ3iA, RJ3iB, RJ3iC, R30iA, R30iB, R30iBplus
- Experience with setting up and troubleshooting parameters for PLC's & robots
- Allen Bradley, Siemens & Omron PLC experience
- Must have strong automation/robotics background
- Must be organized and punctual
Minimum Education & Experience
Job Type: Full-time
- ABB & Fanuc robotic: 4 years (Required)
- Plc Programming: 4 years (Preferred)
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (Required)
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION