Posted on 01/20/2020
PaR Systems is a world leader in the design and development cutting edge control systems for broad range of markets including aerospace, hazardous material/nuclear, life science and process automation, marine/defense, material handling, and industrial. We are seeking a Controls Engineer to design industrial control systems that conform to customer specifications engineering standards. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who can balance the expectations of our customers with the demands of creating user-friendly control systems. We need an individual who has proven success in delivering customer satisfaction while maintaining project scope, budget, and schedule. Responsibilities include designing, programming, start-up, trouble-shooting and future support of electrical control systems.
- Completing electrical designs for industrial equipment including:
- Specification review
- Sizing calculations
- Layout and detail drawing creation
- Component selection
- Test plan creation
- Creating and debugging programs for PLCs, HMIs, Vision Systems, Drive Systems, etc.
- Providing support for internal projects such as design standardization
- Providing telephone technical support for Field Service and customers
- Providing occasional field support for customers
- Providing support to Sales during proposal efforts
Required experience, skills and background:
- 5 years of experience in electrical engineering or controls, preferably in industrial controls and automation applications
- Experience with PLCs, HMIs, Industrial networks, AC and DC motor controls, Vision Systems
- Experience working within a very technical engineering driven and project based organization
- Knowledge of UL and NEC standards
- Strong organizational and communications skills
- Ability to travel up to 30%
This position offers the opportunity to join a leading automation, robotics and material handling company serving diverse end markets. PaR is a privately held corporation with a demonstrated ability through continuous innovation and new product development to grow profitably and to add to that growth with focused acquisitions. Our long standing company values are tied to personal values such as integrity, teamwork, and open communication, and a passion for customers and product excellence. Interest in sophisticated products that improve our customer’s businesses is a must. Concern for the development of all of our people, more than a drive to promote yourself, is also a must to be successful. We have maintained an excellent blend of small company speed, efficiency, and dedication to customer satisfaction and employee success, while implementing ever higher standards of excellence, which has produced a successful technology company with very low turnover. We are working daily to maintain these elements at PaR.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION