Robotics Implementation Project Manager
Posted on 04/01/2020
Vecna Robotics seeks a detail-oriented and results driven Project Manager with experience managing technically complex projects involving deployment of products/systems at customer sites. The ideal candidate will be excited about automation with a proven track record of excellence. They will take pride in deploying automated systems from the initial project kickoff through to the achievement of fully autonomous operations. The Project Manager will lead deployment projects, coordinating activities with the site lead/management, deployment teams, engineering teams, and support teams. They will be responsible for establishing and reporting the status of site deployment activities, and for issue resolution and problem solving. This is a hands-on role with direct involvement in all aspects of deploying autonomous solutions. This position will be a highly visible role and will interact with all levels across the company. This position is a full-time, salaried role.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Plan and manage client-facing automation solutions, overseeing all aspects of the product deployment.
- Participate in scoping visits to client sites.
- Define project scope and gather requirements together with the customer.
- Develop and track project plans, monitor progress to assure deadlines, standards, and cost targets are met.
- Facilitate regular communication of status to teams and senior management.
- Track key metrics for the project and identify lessons learned for future projects.
- Foster a culture focused on transparency, speed of decision-making, and a synchronized partnership within teams.
- Facilitate the resolution of issues, risks, and challenges that surface in the deployment processes.
- Lean-focused, continual improvement of new standards, processes and procedures that streamline interactions and communication across teams.
- Assist with internal process development and standardization for deployments.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
- 3+ years of project management expertise and the ability to thrive in complex, customer facing roles to deploy technical products and solutions.
- Good negotiation and relationship skills in order to both direct a technical team and to manage and reach solutions among competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating dynamic meetings and coordinating among high energy participants to direct toward productive results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly articulate project information to any level within the company.
- Proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a willingness to adapt to change and proceed on decisions made with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Experience using metrics and data analysis to support and drive beneficial process improvements.
- Strong cross-functional communication and negotiation skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Prior technical automation/robotics experience preferred.
- Project management qualification preferred.
- Undergraduate degree in engineering or a related technical discipline a plus.
- PMP certification a plus.
- Six Sigma certification a plus.
- Travel will be required (~25%).
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION