Robotic Service Technician
Posted on 06/22/2020
St. Catharines, ON
The FSD team is growing! Interested in a career in the robotics and automation industry? With over 20 years of experience in the automation industry, Factory Surplus Direct is a trusted source for automation and robotic parts, service and support. Be a part of our team!
We are looking for a resourceful, energetic problem solver that can work efficiently both individually or in a team setting, and can also interact effectively with customers and vendors when necessary.
The Robotics Service Technician will have a minimum of 5 years experience and be responsible for programming, integrating, troubleshooting, repairing and testing industrial robots. Expert Fanuc robot experience is mandatory and any other experience with ABB, Motoman, Kuka, Nachi, Kawasaki or other would also be an asset. Experience with Allen Bradley, Seimens, and Omron PLC's would also be an asset.
The ideal candidate will be a well-rounded individual with an educational background in industrial controls, automation or robotics. Preference will be given to electrical and mechanical technicians and technologists. Experience in system integration, service related jobs or manufacturing environments would be an asset. The ability to comfortably use a wide range of tools, computers, and software is required. After hours and weekend work will be required as needed to accommodate emergency service.
FSD provides a great workplace environment, focusing on our core values: Integrity & Respect, Teamwork, Health & Happiness, Innovation & Speed, and Resourcefulness. We get involved in the community in multiple ways, through charity sponsors, corporate events and trade shows. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package after specified probationary period.
- Emergency robot service calls to repair and replace parts
- Preventative Maintenance service support at customer sites for robot cells
- Robot line start up or robot decommissioning support
- Emergency robot service calls Programming Fanuc and other industrial robots
- Integration ability with robots, automation equipment, basic wiring
- Testing, Repairing, rebuilding and refurbishing industrial robots
- Trouble shooting industrial automation equipment
- Assisting engineering team with robot integration projects
- Service calls for robotic equipment
- Robotic Programming
- Must have valid G class drivers license and valid passport (Nexus pass also an asset)
- Must be able to travel internationally if required
- Must have minimum 4-5 years of Fanuc/other Robotic Programming & service experience
- Experience with Fanuc RJ3, RJ3i, RJ3iA, RJ3iB, RJ3iC, R30iA, R30iB, R30iBplus
- Electrical and electronic trouble shooting
- Basic PLC experience with Siemens, Omron, or Allen Bradley
- Experience with power tools, and a variety of electrical and standard tools
- (PLC experience would be an asset)
- Must have strong automation/robotics background
- Must be organized and punctual
- Additional languages an asset
Compensation to be determined based on experience/qualifications
Job Type: Full-time
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION