Posted on 07/09/2020
This position is responsible for a variety of warehouse tasks, including but not limited to: picking and staging purchased and manufactured parts to support assembly and shipping operations, forklift operations, receiving operations, cycle counts of inventory, etc. The position requires the highest level of accuracy due to customer expectations and the critical importance of inventory accuracy. This position may require a forklift certification as well as handling/sorting of parts into racks, carts or containers throughout the day.
General Job Description:
- Operation of forklifts to move materials within the facility.
- Unloading, loading, put away, transporting to packing line and staging areas within the facility and meeting productivity goals.
- Handling and sorting of parts into staging karts or pallet racks and containers while meeting the productivity expectations.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work area utilizing the principles of 5S.
- Identify missing parts or incomplete staging kits and escalate as necessary to ensure ship dates are not missed.
- Ensure inventory accuracy by owning and continuously improving the inventory and staging / kitting system.
- Understanding of project requirements and components of our various assemblies.
- This position requires flexibility as workload demands. There may be instances where there are workers on your team not normally in your area. There may also be instances in which you may work in other parts of the shop (i.e. fabrication, wiring, labeling, etc.) as the workload dictates.
- High school education or GED
- Driver's license and dependable transportation
- Show up to work every day and on time
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to operate heavy-duty equipment in a safe manner
- Must be able to lift 45 lbs sporadically throughout the day
- Positive attitude, able to handle tense situations that arise
- Ability to take as well as give direction
- Be a team player and contributor in the facility
- Show mutual respect for coworkers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION