Custom Machine Builder
Posted on 07/09/2020
Maryland Heights, Missouri
A Custom Machine Builder I for Bastian Solutions will be responsible for general fabrication and assembly of material handling equipment projects. The main emphasis for this position is assembly, other duties may include fabrication, welding and painting of projects as well as general repair and maintenance of Bastian shop equipment as needed. A Custom Machine Builder will display knowledge of advanced assembly skills and be dynamic in nature to continually learn new techniques due to the ever-changing nature of custom machine builds. A Custom Machine Builder I will have 1-2 years of experience in assembly at Bastian Solutions.
General Job Duties
- Ability to assemble machines from interpreting engineering assembly prints
- Assemble equipment from fabricated parts, including weldments.
- Ability to set up and operate saws, shear, press brake, punches and ironworker
- Willingness to help throughout the shop where it is needed
- Willingness to learn new areas of manufacturing
- Produce high quality assemblies with low rejection rate
- Be a team player and contributor in shop
- Have a positive attitude and able to work well under pressure
- Show mutual respect for coworkers
- Show up to work every day and on time.
- Overtime required when necessary.
- Follow safety protocols per JSA (Job Safety Analysis).
Superior Performance Objectives
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to interpret engineering drawings and develop finished product from these plans.
- Relevant fabrication shop experience.
- Positive attitude, able to handle tense situations that arise
- Team player, able to take direction.
- Owns own hand tools to perform fabrication/assembly tasks
- General knowledge of mechanical fasteners and their specific functions
- Ability to read a tape measure and other calibrated measuring devices
- Knowledge of fluid power systems (pneumatics, hydraulics) as well as mechanical systems.
- High School Diploma or GED/Trade School
- Assembly experience required- 1 year
- Ability to lift 50-75 lbs
Bastian Solutions, a Toyota Advanced Logistics company, is an independent material handling and robotics system integrator providing automated solutions for distribution, manufacturing, and order fulfillment centers around the world. Our team specializes in consulting, system design, project management, maintenance, and installation, while sourcing the best equipment and automation technology. We take great pride in providing exceptional service and flexibility to our customers.
In addition to exciting work at a growing company, we offer the following benefits:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Work Schedules
- Volunteer Work
- Professional Associations, Conferences and Subscriptions
- Company Meetings & Events
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION