Senior Process Engineer
Posted on 07/10/2020
Rochester Hills, MI
FANUC America Corporation is the world leader in robotics, CNC systems and factory automation and has been voted by our employees as a Top Workplace year after year. Our innovative technologies and proven expertise help manufacturers in the Americas to be more efficient, reliable and profitable. FAC is currently searching for a Senior Process Engineer in our Automation Systems Group, a turnkey robotic systems integration team.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Work within a team as Lead Mechanical Engineer overseeing form, fit, and function of robotic systems design and build.
- Central point for technical issues related to mechanical, pneumatic, and process engineering.
- Review and follow project budget and schedules.
- Develop and maintain a detailed project technical plan and engineering task list
- Plan, request, follow-up, and approve all mechanical engineering analysis, includes: Robot Reach, Payload, Inertia, Cycle-time, System Sequence-of-Operations, tolerance studies, Mechanical & Pneumatic component sizing;
- Develop the system safety strategy and Lead the Robot Safety Risk Assessment for the system.
- Create or oversee 3D concept modeling and simulation.
- Develop design and build specifications, request quotes, monitor progress of design resources.
- Generate run-off criteria and buyoff equipment built by approved suppliers.
- Chair meetings for Design Reviews, Open Issues, FMEA, and Safety Reviews.
- Support run-off of system with customer, validating system performance and reliability.
- Develop customer documentation, maintenance manuals, machine ledgers, spare parts lists, etc.
- Support field installation, debug, and customer safety buyoff activities.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field, or equivalent relevant experience, Masters degree preferred.
- Ten years strong technical expertise in engineering, design, and integration of robotic systems.
- Knowledge of automotive customer specifications: Ford, GM, FCA.
- AutoCAD, Solidworks, and FANUC Roboguide simulation software preferred.
- RIA Safety Standards, Robot DCS, robot workcell safety.
- ISO quality system, FMEA, R&M techniques.
We offer outstanding professional opportunities and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis to be considered for this position. To apply for this position please visit our website at:
FANUC America Corporation
3900 West Hamlin
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION