Product Development Engineer
Posted on 07/10/2020
Rochester Hills, MI
FANUC America Corporation is the leader in designing, engineering and manufacturing innovative robots and robotic systems that impact business performance for global customers. FANUC America is currently searching for a Product Development Engineer in our Motion Control group to join our team.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
Primary responsibilities will include:
- To design, implement, test, support, and maintain motion system software relating to path and motion control aspects of the FANUC robot controller.
- Detailed specification, design, and documentation of enhancements to robot controller motion software.
- Implementation and maintenance of motion features and enhancements relating to motion planning and control.
- Test plan development and testing of motion system software, and robot performance.
- Implement, enhance, and maintain robot kinematics and dynamics software for new and existing FANUC robots, including servo tuning, and robot performance evaluation.
- Providing consulting and support to customers, distributors, and FANUC Robotics personnel outside of the development group in the following areas:
- Customer applications involving robots and controllers.
- Motion system operation and robot performance.
- General involvement in long term technical developments involving FANUC Robotics products.
Minimum Skills & Abilities
Ideal candidate will have the following experience and education:
- Bachelor degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science, Masters Degree preferred, or equivalent relevant experience.
- Classical and Digital Control Theory
- Scientific Software Development with a high-level language (C preferred)
- Robotics Applications knowledge
- Robot Kinematics/Dynamics knowledge
- Robot Motion Planning and Off-line Programming knowledge.
We offer outstanding professional opportunities and a competitive compensation and benefits package. Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis to be considered for this position. To apply for this position please visit our website at:
FANUC America Corporation
3900 W. Hamlin Road
Rochester Hills, MI 48309
An Equal Opportunity Employer
EEO/AA Employer/Minorities/ Women/Veterans/Disabled
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION