Electrical Engineer II
Posted on 07/14/2020
Vecna Robotics seeks an Electrical Engineer II who can help design and implement Vecna's high performance robotic systems. This role is part of a small and agile team reporting to the Chief Architect of Advanced Development Programs.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced division, generating innovative solutions and working rapidly to make prototypes to test and demonstrate feasibility. You will work with a talented and cross functional engineering team to design and build custom components, actuators, and sensing methods across many products and research areas.
The successful candidate will have system-level and component/board level design/integration/test experience. Work will be performed at the proof-of-concept phase through production and product support. The engineer will be responsible for managing system and component-level electrical requirements, designing/integrating/testing energy storage, power distribution, and embedded control systems for robotics applications while interfacing with mechanical and software engineers to minimize cost, size, and weight while maximizing function. This is a full-time, salaried role.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Schematic design, PCB layout, and review of multi-layer PCB assemblies.
- Specification of appropriate components including embedded controls, analog and digital components, wiring harnesses and connectors.
- Prototype breadboarding and bench testing of proposed designs.
- Complete documentation of all designs, including block diagrams, schematics, PCB layouts, BOMs, wiring diagrams, assembly instructions and testing procedures.
- Work with mechanical and software control engineers to satisfy system requirements.
- Assemble, test and debug first article hardware and track necessary revisions.
- Support agency certification activities.
Minimum Education & Experience
- BS Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- 3 years minimum of work experience.
- Previous digital and multi-layer PCB design experience.
- Experience with prototype development processes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Experience with PCB assembly and soldering.
- Strong organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with PIC32 and/or ARM microcontroller firmware development preferred.
- Knowledge of RTOS and real time systems preferred.
- Experience with Altium preferred.
- Experience with power electronics (~1kW) and power management systems preferred.
- Experience with CE (safety, EMI, ESD, etc), FCC, UL and other agency certifications preferred.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION