Software Engineer - Localization
Posted on 07/14/2020
Vecna Robotics seeks a software engineer - focusing on localization - to be part of a team designing and implementing Vecna's high performance robotic systems. This role is part of a small and agile team reporting to the Chief Architect of Advanced Development Programs.
In this role, you will work in a fast-paced division, generating innovative solutions and working rapidly to make prototypes to test and demonstrate feasibility. You will work with a talented and cross functional engineering team to research, implement and test new localization techniques, experiment with new sensing and control methods, and develop new features.
You are a team player who is excited to solve challenging problems. You will join a diverse team that is dedicated to making a real-world impact, using advanced, creative technologies. This is a full-time, salaried position.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Research, design and develop major features and capabilities.
- Implement and evaluate machine and system intelligence algorithms, and modify them as needed for applications.
- Design and perform tests to verify software in simulation and on robots.
- Reduce the need for human involvement to install, configure, and support robots in the field.
- Provide valuable code review feedback to team members.
- Follow emerging technologies as well as keeping up to date on new versions of frameworks in our tech stack.
- Able to work independently and effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Help build the smartest robots in the world.
Minimum Education & Experience
- 3+ years experience with an MS, or 2+ years experience with a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or relevant engineering degree.
- Software development experience in robot localization, as well one or more of the following areas: robotic controls, planning, navigation, human-robot interaction, machine learning.
- Expertise in at least one of: C++, Python, or Java.
- Strong analytical reasoning, organizational, communication, and prioritization skills.
- Experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) and Linux.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION