Technical Support Specialist - Tier 1
Posted on 07/14/2020
Vecna Robotics seeks a Tier 1 Technical Support Specialist to join our Network Operation Center (NOC) team. In this role, you will work with cutting edge technology to assist robots at customer sites to ensure continuous robot operations. The ideal candidate possesses service-oriented experience and is a team-oriented individual who enjoys troubleshooting, performing root cause analysis, and providing great customer service.
This is a full-time, salaried role and you must be able to work a “12 hour” shift on a 3/2 rotating shift schedule. Example shift: Work 7am to 7pm for 3 days, then your off for 2 days, then work 2 days, and take 3 days off. This schedule will include working 2 weekends per month.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- Constantly monitor robots to assist with robot navigation utilizing remote control tools.
- Document accurate details regarding robot operations on a daily status report.
- Create tickets when issues are encountered and or escalate to a Tier 2 support team member.
- Work with Tier 2 technical support to identify opportunities to streamline robot operation.
- Collaborate with Tier 2 support to ensure customers are kept informed regarding robot status.
- Answer customer support calls and triage when necessary.
- Escalate issues that need resolution to a Tier 2 team member.
Minimum Education & Experience
- Associates degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Ability to follow technical instructions on how to resolve complex issues.
- Dedication to root cause analysis in order to improve team efficiencies.
- A passion for supporting externally facing customers.
- Willingness to learn new technologies and collaborate with team members.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal and communications, as well as strong listening skills.
- Strong multi-tasking skillset.
- Previous Call Center Technical experience preferred.
- Team player with a positive attitude.
- Experience with Linux preferred.
- Occasional travel may be required.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION