Technical Support Specialist - Tier 2
Posted on 07/14/2020
As a Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist, this is the first escalation point within the Network Operations Center Organization. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 support staff escalate these issues to a Tier 2 Technical Support Specialist. This Tier 2 Specialist is capable of troubleshooting, resolving, and documenting most issues. This position works closely with the Customer Success Tier 3 Engineering team.
Major Duties & Responsibilities
- First escalation point for issues that Tier 1 support could not resolve.
- Create tickets and provide detailed observations and updates on reported issues.
- Engage in evaluating the remote assist tools and determine areas of improvement.
- Provide product training to Tier 1 Robotics Technical Support Specialists and act as a mentor to NOC members.
- Responsible for resolving issues and understanding when to escalate technical issues to Tier 3 Support Engineers.
- Review customer tickets and follow up with cross functional team members to achieve resolution.
- Act as a back–up for Tier 1 Robotics Technical Support Specialists.
- Monitor robots to assist with robot navigation utilizing remote control tools when required.
- Ensure customer issues receive immediate response and fall within established timeframes.
- Provide a daily status report on robot operations.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
Minimum Education & Experience
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of an associate degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Software Engineering.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in providing call center technical support.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) or a strong desire to learn.
- Excellent written, verbal and communications, as well as strong listening skills.
- Previous experience in externally facing customer service skills.
- Experienced in managing multiple priorities and knowing when to escalate as necessary.
- Strong understanding for urgency to ensure customers are kept informed when issues arise.
- Exhibit strong reasoning abilities by clearly defining problems, analyzing data, establish facts, and drawing valid conclusions to effectively resolve problems.
- Act as a senior staff team member that best represent Vecna Robotics to provide exceptional customer service.
- Must have basic knowledge various Microsoft Windows Operating systems, MS SQL database, LAN/WAN Networking, and IT Network Operations experience.
- Ability to follow technical instructions to troubleshoot complex issues and determine root cause.
APPLY FOR THIS POSITION